Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn and nforce motherboard?

Options
  • 14-03-2003 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Anyhere have isdn pci modem and manage to get it working on the nforce2 motherboards? Every time I try to install the driver the system locks up and crashes and usually requires me to go into safemode to uninstall the driver or else I wont get back into Windows. Last time I tried I had to reinstall system as I couldnt even get back into safemode. Now I know its not the modem (Asuscom) because it worked prefect in my last pc.

I went to my motherboards site and checked for tested parts and the idiots didnt even test one isdn card. Like I know Isdn isnt that popular outside europe cause most have better but comon , now what do I do:(. My board is the K7ng btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

u should try the latest drivers for the modem ;)

also, try updating your bios by flashing it with the latest firmware. What OS are u using?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Ya I tried the latest drivers from site m8 but I couldnt see any firmware update to try on the asuscom site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

hmm, i would'nt really think its a problem with your motherboard, more like the asus is conflicting with some other software/driver? If you had a 2nd harddrive you could do a quick install of a clean operating system and try installing the asus then, if it still crashes then I'd be more inclined to say its a motherboard problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I have an Asus A7N8X (nForce2) and a Billion PCI ISDN card. Works no problem!

If all else fails, get your hands on a copy of WinXP Pro, format, install.

It will install default ISDN drivers (or it should - always did for me, and installed the real 1's later).

Or try windows update to find the right driver for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

If you had a 2nd harddrive you could do a quick install of a clean operating system and try installing the asus then
    Ya I just tried that and it didnt work, very buggy these nforce motherboards.
    I have an Asus A7N8X (nForce2) and a Billion PCI ISDN card
    Cheers I gonna rma this card and try that one. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement