Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer notebooks...

• 15-03-2003 11:19am

Hope this is the right forum to ask a question like this :)

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of Acer notebooks and are they any good?

I can get a decent spec Acer notebook for a good price, so I was hoping to find out if they're any good.

Any feedback would be great thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

I have a TravelMate 223XC for about 6 months, not a bad machine at all, good performance running Windows XP and all the usual stuff (Office, graphics, CAD, accounting). Games run ok but nothing like on a high-end PC with a good graphics card.

One minor quibble is that the keyboard seems to lock up after about 45 minutes of continuous use although this can be prevented by closing and then opening the cover to re-set the hibernation mode (dunno what this does but works anyhow).

Otherwise pretty happy with it.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Advertisement