Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead Tickets On Sale!

• 15-03-2003 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Tickets are onsale now from tickets.waste.uk.com
    €45 per ticket plus a £2.50 sterling handling charge.

Dates available are the 17th and 18th of May in the Olympia.
    Standing downstairs and unreserved seating upstairs.

Get em while u can.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thank you

4 tickets for me :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

45 bucks is pretty steep don't ya think, especially as theyre not on sale through ticketmaster!

Not like its eminem or robbie williams ,Radiohead are one of the few bands who are worth the price tag.

Cant complain about tickets for gigs if we dont buy them someone else will.

Now over to the For Sale board for some touting ...LOL

kdjac

Ah I caved after....2 mins and bought 4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭gusto

Is this a wind up. Where the hell can you get tickets. Tried ticketmaster and mcd. Anyway you can phone for them? I'm stuck here in Belfast . Come on, help me out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

read the first post

www.waste.uk.com

from what i can make out its a Radiohead company and th eonly company allowed to sell their tickets and merchandise.
    Going to register with them later to see WTF they on about and what W.A.S.T.E stands for.

bugging me all day.

kdjac

Cheers to you all. Got tickets for the Belfast show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Got mah ticket. E54 in total, GRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

Anyone happen to know which are the best tickets for the Dublin gig? When I got mine, there were three options:

1) Unreserved standing
    2) Unreserved seated
    3) Unreserved seated gallery.

Now, I assume that (3) is the whole balcony. But which of (1) or (2) will be closer to the front? I've never seen the Olympia configured to have half seated, half standing for the floor: it's always been either all seated or all standing.

Anyone know for sure?

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Standing is your best bet. The floor is all standing, the balcony is above the floor, and the galleries run along the side, at the same level as the balcony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Tickets for the Dublin shows are now totally sold out. I quickly bought the last two tickets that were availible at around 3 o' clock today.

There are only tickets left for Belfast. All other dates have sold out. Be quick though as I can't see them staying there for long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Wow, so when I saw the email from WASTE at 2pm. panicked, and bought 4 tickets for the Sunday gig, i did a good thing? :)

It's like tenacious D all over again,
    Impulse buying tickets rules :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

has anyone got any spare tickets. i need two. i would be appreciated. i can give you a few bootlegs from other gigs. PLEASE
    PLEASE

thanks

email me at simon04@eircom.net and i am sure we can work out a deal!

I had been following this Radiohead rumour for weeks, and lo and behold, I happen to leave home for St. Patricks Weekend and BAM - they go onsale.

Luckily, I was just in time to get the last tickets available...

For agravated people on the selling out situation, here are a few options...

Go to the Belfast Waterfront show on Monday 19th May
    (This will sell out soon, reserved upper seating is all that is available off WASTE).

Buy admission from ticket sellers
    (expect to pay a large amount of money, already tickets for the UK shows off eBay are selling for £100+)

Pray for a third date to be added, supposedly on Friday 16th May
    (start petitioning or something, there is a slight chance).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

GAH!!! A POX ON THEM ALL!!!

I've been waiting like something that's mad and waits for things like this for the past month and then they go and announce the dates on the Saturday of St. Paddy's weekend

FU(K!!!!

Epitaph
    Beyond livid

At the minute i have one ticket spare ,havent asked everyone i know yet so it may find itself onto the for sale board.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

well **** that.
    I would have loved to see them live.
    ah well.
    next time i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

There won't be a next time for this type of thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

To anyone who bought 4 tix and have a couple spare.

I need two.

Pm me

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

anyone with one spare please pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

me too!
    and i'll be picky and say saturday one's thanks to exams!

Theres an update in the tickets section on the WASTE site;

Please do not buy tickets from ebay.
    All tickets being re-sold become invalid.

Does this only apply to eBay or does it mean selling them off in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Interesting.
    Wonder if some ID check system will be in place.
    I had presale tickets for Prince and you were asked for ID before getting your tickets at the venue, will be harder to enforce if they are sending the tickets out to your first as they are here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

The message I saw says:

'All tickets being re-sold for profit become invalid, as per the terms and conditions of original sale.'

This seems to be simply aspirational, a reminder of the conditions on the sale.

However, it is completely unenforceable. I bought 4 tickets, three of which I'm giving to friends. Since I didn't give them my friends' names, how are they to know the price I sold the tickets to my friends for? Or even whether my 'friends' are really my friends?

How on earth can they prove the tickets have been sold for profit?
    And there's NOTHING in any terms and conditions or 'please read this before purchase' type thing saying that only the person who bought the ticket could use it.

They updated WASTE over the last few hours - looks like its more clear. One interesting line its says at the bottom of the page is that "the reserves/waiting list for returned tickets is now closed." Waiting list? Where was this?

I guess you can sell them to people, but not for any profit. Proving this is beyond me, but I imagine that you have to be with the original buyer to gain admittance. It will may be revealed once these tickets actually arrive, in the meantime, someone ask WASTE cause I'm too lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

They're not worried about people who bought them for their mates, they're worried about the people who bought 4 tickets and put them up on ebay straight away, on ebay it's possible to view your shipping address(well mines there, dunno about everyone else but i assume it is) so WASTE will just look at the shipping address of the seller and cancel the tickets they were gonna be sent, leaving some unfortunate ebayer with no tickets thinking they're gonna get them off the site.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Glowingmind
    on ebay it's possible to view your shipping address(well mines there, dunno about everyone else but i assume it is) so WASTE will just look at the shipping address of the seller and cancel the tickets

My address isn't shown anywhere on ebay? All a seller page shows is their location, ie, Dublin Ireland, it doesn't show the seller's address, that would be madness! Which section of ebay shows your own address, glowingmind?

Advertisement