Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead Tickets On Sale!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sent a mail to waste last night, got a reply there now:

"we are able to stop auctions on ebay, we will not send tickets to ebay sellers."

Able to stop auctions? WTF?
    That doesn't sound very legal to me, i'm going to fire off a mail to ebay now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I imagine the tickets havent been sent yet and WASTE are being picky about the tickets be interesting to see how they stop it.

I work with one of the bouncers from Olympia will ask if they have any special instructions when it gets closer to the gig.

kdjac

From Ebay's privacy policy:

"We do share your information with third parties to help provide our services, to allow members to contact you, to enforce our terms and conditions, and to help keep our community safe."

By "information" do they mean your name and address??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

They may not send tickets to ebay sellers (although how they're going to determine which tickets not to send is beyond me). But surely there's nothing they can once the tickets are sent.

Originally posted by Eoin Macollamh
    But surely there's nothing they can once the tickets are sent.

Exactly. I'm sure there'll be people who end up unable to go to the gig and need to sell their tickets, what about them like. You know, things on ebay often sell for below their face value...how is the bouncer to know if the ticket has been sold below or above face value?

• Advertisement

Seriously tho i may have one spare ticket and have PMs sent to me for €150 for it.

I think WASTE know very well these wont sell for below face value.

The tickets have to be signed for i assumed they were just being sent by registered post.

Bugging me now how they going to enforce it as my tickets were bought with a mates CC :D

kdjac

The guy from WASTE who wrote back to me said:
    "Obviously if you are passing the tickets on to friends etc for no profit, we are happy about this"

READ AS: Uh, we don't actually have any way of enforcing this 'tickets sold for profit are invalid' jive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

I looked at some of those tickets on eBay, and checked the Sellers' Location (it's on the Auction page).

There's people in London and Newcastle selling loads of 4-ticket batches for the Dublin gig. And there's loads of Manchester tickets for sale as well.

My point is this:

Not one of those pox-ridden bast'rds intended going all the way to Dublin to see Radiohead!!

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2165910195&category=16067

£510 for 2 tickets standing on the sunday.
    Thats fukkin mental.

kdjac

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say no to that if someone offered me that!
    Someone on ebay just told me this:

>They trick you... they just did it to me... they ask you a question and
    >ask you for proof of the deal, then if you give them the order number
    >they cancel the order. They can't get your information any other way, so
    >be careful.
    >

I love it! :)

Serves them right.

- Dave.

Interesting.

Well tbh anyone who has bought tickets for touting and sells them before they physicaly in their hands deserves that.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

I believe there is a way of stopping auctions. I remember a week or so ago a pre-release vinyl copy of The White Stripes new record 'Elephant' went on auction on eBay. Within a day the seller was insisted by V2 Records to take it off.

Also, I am glad to see WASTE trying to stop these auctions going ahead. The second-hand sellers involved are going to make an enormous profit at the expense of a true fan of the band, and I find that wrong.
    However, its not going to be fully successful as eBay is not the only place where tickets can be sold. I am sure many tickets will be sold for profit outside eBay, so how is this going to be fully enforced?

It should become more apparent when these tickets arrive. That reminds me, its been a few days now - has anyone recieved their tickets? It stated in the email that they would be sent before midday on the following day of purchase and would take a few days to get to Ireland. However, tickets will arrive no later than May 1st... hmm...

Also, does anyone have any idea whether there will be support at the concerts?

I thought it said they wouldnt be posted till may the 1st.

I cant believe those prices click Ethos link each time they go up by a £100 or so.

kdjac

Unknown - I think a "true fan" had ample opportunity to get tickets for the gig. These gigs were mooted in NME etc for quite a while before they were announced, and WASTE sent an email to everyone on the mailing list to tell them they were on sale (and really, they SHOULD have sent this BEFORE they went on sale..not a day after!). Add to that the fact the tickets for the gigs in Ireland didn't sell out for about 3 days, I think "true fans" would have been able to get tickets no problem even if it meant travelling to Dublin or Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Sure, daveirl, sure :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

daveirl you are full of it.

MCD would have charged at lot more than 45 for a small venue show for one of the biggest bands in the world. Radiohead, like many other bands, are doing small venue tour to promote their album. Following this tour they are playing festivals across europe including Glastonbury.

I didn't get a ticket and i am Pissed off but its not wastes fault i didn't check my email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

1) They are stopping the auctions of ebay. Thats a fact.

2) The reason they are playing a small venue is to get intimate with their fans again. But the are playing festivals in the summer and they may play witnness you never know.

I am pissed to but I am glad they are playing a nice small venue like the Olympis and not Lansdowne.

I would prefer to see any band in an intimate venue i hate festivals and never enjoy them or enjoy a band i like when im at them.

Radiohead in the Olympia to me is the highpoint of my gig going life.
    // May even topple Fun Loving Criminals.
    Never seen Radiohead live either had tickets to RDS few years back but couldnt go in the end.
    Now im counting the days to the gig :D

Shame a lot will miss out but those that are going will enjoy it more than they would a big venue with 60,000

kdjac

I agree. I'd give my left nipple to see them in the olympia (but not STG£100+!).

I think the advertising was bad, though. I only heard about the gigs - here - after they'd been sold out in Dublin (and I'd no interest in going to Belfast).

Daveirl - By playing the small venues, they are giving their true fans a treat - not taking away from them. I think its commendable that they aren't playing the huge venues (and obviously losing out on thousands and thousands of euros they'd be sure to get if they did play them).

- Dave.

daveirl is just sore he didn't check his email in time :)
    How are they stopping the ebay auctions? Some of them have ended now, the sale has been completed. All i've heard WASTE do is use underhand tactics like posing as legit buyers and asking for confirmation numbers, then emailing the seller and saying "haha we just cancelled your tickets". And i'm not even 100% sure it was really waste doing that and not someone taking the pi$$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by daveirl
    Look I'm a Radiohead fan and I'm pissed. If they gave a fuck about me they would have decided to play a larger venue and ensure as many people as possible could go. Not play a tiny venue.

i completely agree with you here. they're just alienating people. they should at least have come up with a better way in order to please more people, like play a big venue gig and then do a 'secret' gig through waste for fans who prefer more intimate gigs. i'd prefer to see them in a less intimate place than to not see them at all and im sure there's a lot of people out there that feel this way after missing out on tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by sikes

Radiohead, like many other bands, are doing small venue tour to promote their album.

i hardly see how the album's gonna get promoted if most people don't get a chance to hear it coz they missed out on tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

The whole idea of the tour is to play smaller venues, if you really have to see them you should be able to get tickets for Glastonbury easy enough at the end of this month.

Radiohead certainly are not going to suddenly change the concert to a bigger venue, best you can hope for is for them to announce another date although i have no idea if they have any leeway with dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

I agree with you eth0_, a true fan would have had enough time to get tickets, but I do believe that there are more Radiohead fans in Ireland than 3,200 (excluding Belfast). When most of these tickets are bought by scalpers with the only ambition of making a profit off eBay, It pisses me off. I would have hated to be in a situation where I would have been able to purchase any tickets. Fortunetly, like you said, I followed the rumours in NME...

Yes, MCD most definetly would have charged more than €45 for the tickets. I believed it was a very fair price and totally worth it.

Daveirl - The Ireland and UK shows are supposed to be a "thank you" to fans, the idea of a "club tour" is a nice, intimate venue. This is my reason for the Olympia being chosen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

The best way to keep them out of scalpers hands is to only let the person who bought the tickets collect them at the venue an hour or so before the gig starts with no readmission. If you buy tickets for friends you have to go in together.
    Worked very well for the Prince gig with a very low amount of tickets being scalped. (Only presale tickets were subject to the collection from venue etc as those tickets gave access to soundcheck and aftershow also)

Advertisement