Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Court Action Against CD-Wow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hardly unexpected though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i don't have a law degree or the patience to parse it for english, the jist ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

cd wow gets their cds from markets outside europe so there cheaper. Same thing tesco did with levis' jeans sellling them for the us pirce of $30, compared to what we pay.
    Some ppl see this as ilegal cause we have loads of money over here to spend on cds (which are the dearest in europe here and in the uk).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

FFS. And they're blaming the intarweb and piracy for the downturn in the purchase of CDs.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I guess some people just dont believe in open global market and trade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

Greedy f u c k i n bastards. Whats wrong with open global trading? Oh I know, our government loses the power to completely rip us off, again, and again. C o c k!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Musicians promoting globalisation? Suddenly it's a good thing? Just what I've been was saying all this time...ah, the irony of the all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

****ing assh0les. The music industry are just being childish because CD-Wow are showing them up as the rip off merchants they really are! I bet they'll be after play.com next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

The price difference really just carries on astounding me.
    Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders from Mars 2CD set Live.
    29.99 in HMV.
    13.95 with CDWow.

16 Euro difference!! Ridiculous i tells ya.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

CD-Wow run an excellent service.

Record companies whinge when people download mp3's of songs instead of buying them

Then they whinge because people are buying legitimate CDs but cheaper than locally.

WTF?? I buy all my CDs from CDWow and Play.com but if both were closed, I'd probably buy a lot lot less CD's.

Record companies really need to get their priorities sorted. Maybe if European prices were the same as Japan, we wouldn't have to have them imported. Cant see why they cant be same prices globally :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement