Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 weeks now without BB - any ideas on what to do?

Options
  • 15-03-2003 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I've applied for BB off esatbt, 4 weeks ago they told me that an eircom technician would be in contact shortly. a week passes, I ring back,ask where he is, they tell me he'll defintly be in contact within the next week. I ring again a week later, and they say its odd that he hasnt rang, but he'll ring within the next 2 weeks without a doubt. The 2 weeks have just ended,and im sick of playing cat and mouse. My utvip account has just ran out, and I can hardly keep my site online and updated properly with the small amount of time I can afford online with eircon. Does anybody have any ideas what I should do? ffs loike, another lad I know got it within 2 weeks because he gave them ****e down the phone (this 2 weeks was when I was 4 weeks waiting), and I'm being nice and calm and have gotton nothing so far...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You going to have to abuse them.
    Explain your waiting 8 weeks in a hysterical irrashioinal manner.

:D
    kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

I went for the nice approach too ...ended up waiting 14 weeks for installation. I have come to the conclusion, from this & past dealings with EsatBT, being calm & rational simply doesnt work with these ppl.
    "Over the top" next time you talk to em, Tizlox. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I've been pestering them for the 8 weeks now, But I honestly dont know how to go over the top down the phone. Every time I ring I'm complimented on my paitence,but then told about how it isnt in their hands,and that ringing back doesnt help. I dont know what to say to them down the phone that would help my case,any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Write a strong letter detailing how many times you've called and saying that it's crap customer service.

Well, it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Is this for residential dsl? If so, if you'd been reading these boards you'd have seen the first res customer was only installed last week, there were teething problems with setting up residential customers apparently. At least you can *get* dsl in your area :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement