Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Galaxies - delayed

Options
  • 15-03-2003 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

From the SW:G site...............

"Star Wars Galaxies is now entering the final phase of development, and everyone at LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment is pleased with the game's progress since the beta test program was initiated. We've received a good deal of constructive feedback and many positive suggestions that, if executed, will genuinely enhance gameplay for the hundreds of thousands of players who comprise the community.
    To deliver the best possible massively multiplayer experience and ensure stability and breadth of content, LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment will delay the game's April 15 launch. This will enable us to invest more time into the beta program, and to solicit additional feedback from the tremendous fan base Star Wars Galaxies has already developed.

"In addition, we will not open phase three of the beta program until we feel the game is ready for a wider audience, which we anticipate will be within the next few weeks. A new release date for Star Wars Galaxies will be announced shortly after the beginning of beta three.

"We are sincerely grateful to the Star Wars Galaxies community for their tremendous support. We respectfully ask for their continued understanding and patience during these final few months leading up to the launch of what we believe will be one of the best MMOs to date."

From what I have heard about how unstable, empty and just bad this game is in beta atm, this can only be good news. Iv been told that this extra time will only be used to get the game up to working spec and will not have any of the dropped items like player cities, Dark Jedi etc. added.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Their delaying the release so they dont end up reeasing a sub standard product, thats fine with me, better that than making a mess of the whole thing on release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It nice to see more companies doing this, then rushing a “product”, lets hope it means at release its going to be an improved game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

However if the final product is still a buggy unplayable heap of camel excrement, there will be hell to pay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Pugsley
    However if the final product is still a buggy unplayable heap of camel excrement, there will be hell to pay :)
    Not just from the gamers and critics - George Lucas is gonna be pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

tbh ive already kinda lost interest as all the things that made it special are kinda missing. ( well not all, but a lot )

now its delayed...at least get some of that nice stuff in again :E

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

now its delayed...at least get some of that nice stuff in again

Might as well dream here as in bed bro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

yer i know :(

i can but dream ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i dont mind as im busy with daoc atm !

Advertisement