Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chavez The film...

Options
  • 16-03-2003 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

Was on RTE again tonight. What can you say about this documentary? Possibly the finest piece of TV i think i have ever watched. I was in despair as i watchted the snipers murder the people and blame it on Chavez's supporters. Felt there was no hope with people like Bush, Fleischer & Pedro Carmona. It was a tremendously moving film and if you havent seen it, do so.

I wont spoil the ending but will say that the good guys win and its in the end hugely uplifting. Also i can say it its even possible i have even more contempt for the current American administration, Just cant understand their mind set. Will someone explain it to me? Other opinions? SEE IT!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

very good doc .. all the better that it was an Irish film crew that filming it (come on da lads! ... and all that)

Was actually a repeat of the first showing in Feb ... can see the boards.ie discussion here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84091

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

I wont spoil the ending but will say that the good guys win and its in the end hugely uplifting.

lol - anyone else see the funny side of this one?
    i have even more contempt for the current American administration, Just cant understand their mind set. Will someone explain it to me?

Corrupt men, formerly the heads of some of the most powerful corporations in the US drop their jobs to enter a US administration while all the while retaining the links to feather themselves a nest when no longer in the US administration, colouring over this with the idea that America is the world's de facto policeman and in every instance where her forces, intellingence arms and diplomatic corp intervenes, it is clear cut; there are good guys and bad guys and america is always with the good guys. In other words, over grown, underintelligent children at the head of the most powerful nation on earth. Simplistic yes, but if you want, I have a thesis written on American interference in the rest of the world as part of a synoptic module with Ancient Athens and comparisons between the two at the heights of their powers.

Advertisement