Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM Aerial

Options
  • 16-03-2003 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi

Anybody have any knowledge of a good omnidirectional FM aerial. Not the circular type - many reports usually give them the thumbs down.
    I do remember seeing somewhere a whip type with several horizontal directors at its base - could this be what I am looking for?

Thanks for any help.
    Tony Fitzherbert.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is this what you mean?

http://www.pcs-electronics.com/en/products.php?sub=antennas

Rather expensive. There are 4 and 6 element Antiference directional FM aerials for sale here at Peats...

Peats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tvman

Irishbyte.

That looks ok, but the price is quite high, I think the one I have in mind was in a UK mag - a long time ago and the company was called I think South West Aerials, cannot find them now though.
    Anyway, thanks for the help.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes that is quite expensive but I was just looking to see if that kind of aerial is what you had in mind.

You should just get a directional aerial, as it's cheaper though I suppose it depends on which transmitters you're trying to pick up.

Advertisement