Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cpu/bios problem

Options
  • 16-03-2003 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Firstly here is my setup

1900XP-unlocked. The silver lacquer painting the bridges trick
    Asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard. Bios revision 1002

I have tested the cpu on my abit kt7a to confirm that the multipliers are unlocked. No problems there.

So i throw it into my new motherboard with high expectations. My plan was to drop the multipliers and increase the front side bus as much as possible meanwhile trying to keep the chip speed to around 1750 MHz(I was thinkin of setting the multipliers between 9 and 10.5 to see which would give me the best performance)

Problem which immediatly happened was that my bios will not let me select most of the multipliers. The only ones that I can chose from are 6.5(waay too low) and 12.5(a bit too high). Anything else just seems to crash the bios. It doesn't restart, it just hangs. The motherboard is autodetecting the chip as a 2000XP+

Can anyone think of something that would let me get around this problem. Any help would be appreciated

Comments

Advertisement