Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If Saddam Hussein complied with UN Resolutions, would the US withdraw?

Options
  • 16-03-2003 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

If Saddam Hussein complied with UN Resolutions, would the US withdraw?

(Similar poll, different spin)

Edit: For the record, I think Bush would continue on with the war anyway. I think he's worried that he'd look like a fool pulling his troops out.

If Saddam Hussein complied with UN Resolutions, would the US withdraw? 1 vote

Yes, they would withdraw their troops.
    0% 0 votes
    No, Bush would push for war anyway.
    100% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Éomer of Rohan

I think you might want to include your opinion before you get narked at by the moderators LOL.

Better Poll, Better Spin.

I think unquestionably yes, the Bush administration would push for war. Consider 'New American Century' - I would be very obliged if someone would provide the link to that - and the emerging caucus of support for the US to throw its might around heedless of international opinion and sensibilities.

Also consider the announced 'Axis of Evil' which would provide the US with enough enemies to supply the Eisenhower Arms Industrial Complex with jobs for 70 more years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Thanks Daveirl - that link there, for everyone else, is the google result for the Project for the NEw American Century - something severely worrying for sane people across the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Very disturbing indeed. Those people undecided about the positioning of certain political elements within the US vis a vis Europe / NATO and the traditional enemies of the US should read and be afraid - be very afdraid LOL.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SloanerF1

Originally posted by Lennoxschips
    I think Bush would continue on with the war anyway. I think he's worried that he'd look like a fool pulling his troops out.
    This is true, but there's also the multitude of other US motives for war, including regime change and oil. I can't help but feel that they are only placing emphasis on the disarmament motive because they (wrongly) felt that it would gain the most public support.

Advertisement