Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime

Options
  • 17-03-2003 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

This is out on Friday no? I haven't preordered it yet, where is everyone getting it from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Probably Smyths. With the Loyalty card, it will be about €54 (assuming the game is €60). Works out about the same on play.com (but I get to play it on Saturday) :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah my birthday is comin' up so I should be able to whore someone into getting it for me. Lookin' forward to it it looks classy. Em.. I'm probably getting it at some kind of games store :)As long as they dont lash a lame 70 euro price tag on it, Gamesworld have a habit of doing that to popular games for the first few weeks its released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

tempted as a gamer would be, i gotta hang on for zelda instead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

You call yourself a gamer and yet youre not getting both? :p

A

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by theciscokid
    tempted as a gamer would be, i gotta hang on for zelda instead ;)

zelda aint out for another 2 months mon !

• Advertisement

For this, Resident Evil 0, and Zelda, I wonder whether I should get a gamecube or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Jabba
    For this, Resident Evil 0, and Zelda, I wonder whether I should get a gamecube or not...

im getting one abeit just to play metroid, zelda and that animal crossing that everyone is going on about, and possibly mario sunshine and waverace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The game looks class alright, definatly buying it.
    Gamecube games don't really need to be preordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Thats what people said when OOT came.

God, that was such a horrible thing, we drove around EVERYWHERE trying to get a copy (although we eventually did, preordering would have saved some stress).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It will definitely be ordered out in all the big shops. I'd preorder now to save the stress of looking for a small shop that has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Wonder can you do speed runs ala Super Metroid
    1:20 with 100% woop

I heard it doesn't time you in the new one and/or it's too long to speed run!

Originally posted by Jabba

i recently got my Cube for ezelda,metroid,eternal darkness,mario and maybe the rez evil games ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

virgin on henry street usually only charge 60 euro for a game on release date. i always get mine in there. added to the student discount.............

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

If you are ordering on the net, I don't think it gets much cheaper than this - and they do pre-orders as well - http://www1.cdwow.ie/gamecube_cat.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Nice price alright.....but, they wont be dispatching till the 7th of April. Could you really wait that long to save €5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I ordered animal crossing and zelda from importmadness.co.uk yesterday and that freeloader disk from play.com. They are shipping zelda on the 27th.

Got my cube for 100e in second hand section of game in limerick. got eternal darkness and super smash brothers also. (new)

Originally posted by Tusky
    zelda aint out for another 2 months mon !

hey im a poor student,

booked zelda today actually, €1.99 deposit in game on dawson street and my bonus disc is secure :D

p.s.

:D droool.. zelda

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i had a choice of buyin res evil 0 on monday, or waiting a week for metroid.....

i got res....

[id do zelda up the ass.......oh yes...........]

Got Metroid Prime this morning in Smyths. €54 with a loyalty card.

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    Got Metroid Prime this morning in Smyths. €54 with a loyalty card.

- Dave.

would you be willing to share your thoughts with us? :cool:

• Advertisement

I'd love to, but its still in the boot of my car !!!

Won't get a chance to play it tonight (damn social life!), but I'll post some thoughts tomorrow. :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Went into town after school with a wad of birthday money but it was sold out everywhere :mad:

Won't be getting it 'till monday so.

you should have posted here the minute you had this problem,,

theres a few places that might have it ,

on middle abbey street above chapters there is another gamesworld hidden away up there..

also that small games shop on talbot street down the end near the busaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

When I went into town myself, there seemed to be loads of copies onsale in GAME...
    They are also selling a "Metroid Gamecube pack", which includes a Gamecube and controller, Metroid Prime, plus an exclusive Metroid plate (for the top of your Gamecube) for only €200 (has gotton my attention.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Right, I got paid today and have loads of cash. Gonna go up to the Square (Shkware) this afternoon and get myself a copy of this and Project IGI 2. If no Metroid Prime I'll get Super Monkey Ball 2 instead. It's all good.

Okelydokely... just played through the first level, and I can sum the game up with 3 words.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I think I'm really going to enjoy this. Actually, I KNOW I'm really going to enjoy this.
    Thought it was weird that you started the game with alot of the powerups that you have to earn in other metroid games, but that is soon set right by the end of L1!

Graphics - Gorgeous. Fluid, fast, no clipping.

Sound - has the kind of music that is synonymous with Metroid games - strange, but absolutely suitable.

Atmosphere - dripping.

Difficulty - level 1 took 2 goes to complete. And I know its going to get alot harder (but in an enjoyable, challenging way). Controls take a bit of getting used to (especially changing visors and using the 'freelook'). It'll be second nature after an hours play.

Fan-bloody-tastic. The Cube's first "killer app".

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

On their first go Nintendo make the best FPS ever...better than all the PC's FPS's - Retrogamer

I'll have to wait and see...hurry up and finish it Retro..i want to borrow that Cube thingy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got Metroid Prime today and yes have to say its pretty god damn good. Once you get used to the controls it should be a very engrossing game. Although, I also got IGI 2 and god damn I love this game, been playing it all evening so far. A bit of Metroid tomorrow may be.

more feedback on metroid ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

I got it this morning, love it to bits.

From the very first music of the 'press start' screen, you know it's metroid :D (Super Metroid fan)

As TmB said the atmosphere is absolutely engrossing.
    It's quite a bit in before you see your first enemy, and in the room theres this massive corpse (i think its a parasite queen). Very unnerving)

The controls are..... weird at first, Halo has gotten me used to the forward, backward, strafe of the the main Analogue stick so it's hard to get used to the goldeneyesque controls in metroid.

I can imagine some people being put off by the excessive scanning but i find that it just adds to the effect of drawing you in.

Oh and guess what? No loadtimes... EVER! :eek: All the loading is done in small cutscenes on elevators so you are never ever taken out of the world. Halo pissed me off in that regard, and that had a particularly bad loading screen.

As an aside, why do developers keep insisting that we be told that its loading. Surely they can come up with something better. :o

Advertisement