Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by Giblet
    Pfft FAQ my arse. I r teh l33t. Come on it ain't that hard. Just play the game, and when you die, you will know where everything was, and play from your last save. Genius.
    You're not going to die too often until you get to the Phazon mines (at which point you are 8+ hours into it anyway, with at least 4 hours to go - and that doesn't include going back to look for missile expansions and energy tanks). If you were dying alot and resuming from your save games, then you aren't that l33t, are you?

8 hours without a faq, my arse, Giblet.... :D

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I finished the game last week and loved, well almost all of it. The only thing I hated was having to collect those bloody artifacts towards the end of the game, seemed like a cheap way of extending the life of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Anyone finished it with 100%? I'm at 91% on my second game now.. apparently the max missle limit is 250 and I have 225. As for the artifacts
    one of them took a couple of hours running around to find.. the one where you had to knock down the tower.

Yeah, me too
    . I spent ages trying to blow up the two little towers and never even noticed the big one. Only happened to shoot it down due to sheer flukeyness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by TmB
    You're not going to die too often until you get to the Phazon mines (at which point you are 8+ hours into it anyway, with at least 4 hours to go - and that doesn't include going back to look for missile expansions and energy tanks). If you were dying alot and resuming from your save games, then you aren't that l33t, are you?

8 hours without a faq, my arse, Giblet.... :D

- Dave.

Please, don't insult my intelligence. I played the game saving about 5 times in total. I got from when you collect the gravity suit to nearly getting all of the artifacts without dying, and then I did die. I was about 5 hours into the game upon getting the gravity suit, and knowing where everything was did help.

And it's obvious where alot of the things are!

I don't care if you don't believe me, just don't insinuate I'm lying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

i finished it 100%. its really worth it for the xtra ending
    btw the very last item in the game(could be anything depending on what youve already found) is woth 3% so dont get freaked out if ur on 97% and are only missing one item

Does the number of scans you do have an effect on your percentage? I mean theres bosses that say maybe you didn't scan but are dead now so you'd have no way of getting %100 without restarting the whole shebang.

Correct. You have to scan everything! If you get beaten by a boss, you'll have to rescan when you meet him again.

There are also regular enemies that only appear in certain places, and if you miss the scan, you won't get another chance (there are some on the space pirate ship at the start).

- Dave.

You don't need to scan everything for the endings, just the gallerys.

My apologies, Giblet. You're right..... the percentage which governs the ending is just from Item pickups (missile expansions, energy tanks, power bomb expansions and all the suit powerups).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Help required
    I'm 21 or 25% into it. Its that level with your ship hovering in the large green land site, some fire and ice locations are featured in the level too , sorry that i'm not very specific but i've rarely touched this game since i bought it. I just got the added jump boots, visted artifacts now what do i do/go?

Caesar
    Go to Magmoor, central command area (the one that leads to Phenandra, and use them new shiney boots! and you might alos want to look for the phenandra mini boss

Cheers Giblet.

Anyone else think this game is what you'd get if you merged
    Out trigger and phantasy star online together with just an ever so slight pinch of old metroid?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It actually struck me as very similar to Ocarina Of Time, even more so than to Super Metroid.

But I'm not complaining. Huge Metroid fan though I am, the game doesn't really disappoint. Easily the best game in years.

Has anyone unlocked the fusion suit in Prime? I haven't seen any pictures of it or anything, is it much use?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

IGN.com have some pictures.

I think Retro studies have made what can only be called Metroid in 3D. Thats how I'd describe the game.

Apparently the Japanese don't like it though as FPSs give them motion sickness. Oh, if only they knew what they were missing out on.

Apparently the Japanese don't like it though as FPSs give them motion sickness. Oh, if only they knew what they were missing out on.

i've seen that happen to few friends of mine too, bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

just got the plasma beam, the more i play it the better it gets.

i just walk around with the x-ray visor permantly turned on :)

I just love the way when Samus gets shot while your in X-Ray mode and she holds up her hand and you can see every bone in perfect detail. Gotta love the level of detail Retro lavished on the game, it's those little things that build up to make it such a great great game.

• Advertisement

I love the way you can sometimes see Samus' face reflected in the visor (usually when you're getting 7 shades of sh*t kicked out of you)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

that scares the **** out of me, her eyes man, her eyes:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

aye i love seeing her purty face in the visor !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

it's bleedin hard this, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

It gets alot easier once you start to know your way around the world, which takes a couple of hours play really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

im on the big ice fukker at the mo at the place where you get the wave beam, no idea what his name is i was half asleep playing it last night......the game is pleasureably tough if that makes sense........i haven't thrown my controller at the screen once..........

I'm on Ripley at the moment. Mother f**ker! I had him down to a tiny fraction of his health left and he killed me.

Must....finish....game....before......Zelda!

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

I don't know why I like this game so much but I do; can't get enough of it and with zelda out in a couple of days my early doubts about the cube are being dispelled.
    Wonder what the sequel will be like?
    Don't know if I'll get the 100% tho; do maps count as items? Can you get 100% at the end before boss or are some of the items particular to a certain time in the game?

I'm going to play it right now (and fail my final exams in college most likely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by Brerrabbit
    I don't know why I like this game so much but I do; can't get enough of it and with zelda out in a couple of days my early doubts about the cube are being dispelled.
    Wonder what the sequel will be like?
    Don't know if I'll get the 100% tho; do maps count as items? Can you get 100% at the end before boss or are some of the items particular to a certain time in the game?

I'm going to play it right now (and fail my final exams in college most likely)

as far as i know (and i havent put too much research into this ) you need to have the sp-cube link to get 100%

• Advertisement

For 100% items, you just need items :>
    I dunno about 100% scan yet, just too lazy.

Advertisement