Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

You don't need a GBA SP to get 100% in the game, you just need that if you want to play the original metroid. I think 100% scan gets you all the Image Galleries. As for maps counting as items I'm not really sure I dont think so I think its just expansions, energy tanks etc. Don't forget to scan the map things.. after you get the maps they can't be scanned anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

wtf?

beat the game few days ago but im only 74 percent through it. ffs.

not bothered doin the rest [zelda soon :)]

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ouch.... first 'reward' ending is when you get 75%+!
    Oooooh so close. :)
    (Go back, find another couple of missile expansions and try again! - you have a full day before zelda!)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

"as far as i know (and i havent put too much research into this ) you need to have the sp-cube link to get 100%"

"For 100% items, you just need items :>
    I dunno about 100% scan yet, just too lazy"

Thanks for the advice

I think i'm too lazy also. Sod the 100% scan: seems like too much effort for too little return to me. dont even know if I'm arsed to try for the 100% items.. maybe in the Summer.

Kinda spoilery...

I'm at the omega pirate at the moment; what a scrotum of a boss! I love the way all the little pirates scuttle behind their big bro for cover (annoying as hades though).
    Might go look for more energy tanks to help me defeat him.....

just when it looked like all the bosses in prime were pussycats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

im finding that ice boss near the wave beam tough and im currently going back over all explored areas for anything i might have missed before tackling him again...........

a bit of help would be nice
    if im in morpph ball will i be able to roll underneath him and damage his venurable underside?? or do i have to wait until he blows out the freeze stuff and then aim for his mouth?? so far the four larve ice thingy's have taken most of my energy by time i get to him so i never get much of a chance to try shiit out.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

mooman
    wait till he outa breath and shoot him in head "i think" not sure were talkign about same boss but i think we are ! As for the ice thingys....they easy just keep sidesteping REAL fast ! and shoot shoot shoot - not a prob ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

[Edit]Wrong boss! [/edit]
    use morph bombs for your guy, mooman. Don't roll under him - roll just in front of him and fire 3 quick bombs. You'll kill him in no time.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

ok ill give both of those a go and ill tell ye about it tomorrow.....i was just worried i was missin something......cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

ARGH!!! I just spent an hour stealthily going through phazon mines. got the power bomb, then doublebacked to a room where i was sure there was a save point hidden behind some rubble. big ****ing bastard of a thing pops out and swipes me dead. stupid game!!!

Theres a small room with a save point right beside that room with the power bomb you mong :) I found that stretch of rooms before the power bomb fairly difficult, theres a load of fights without a save point and
    That invisible drone that you can't lock on to is a pain in the arse

Oh and
    I was reading GameFAQ's there a while ago and I learned that you can just set a power bomb at the omega pirates feet and he loses every part of his armor in one bloody go! That's great news after I spent hours trying to kill him on Hard mode :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Omega pirate hint:
    I thought he was quite easy actually, too formulaic, I just stayed just out of range of his swipe, constantly jumping away and strafing, making him do the purple smash thing, jumped it, and shot a charged up plasma into him, and repeated until they were all gone, then i just strafed around the other small pirates until i could see Omega Pirate with my X-Ray, and then shot him with a Charge/Missle Combo, then charged it up again, and hit him a second time when he reappeared without armor for a split second, and the purple smash things he does after he recovers kill the small pirates. You do this twice or three times to kill him off fully.
    On the Sheegoth boss at the wave beam, I actually ran out of missles to kill him with, and killed him with the morph bomb !

Yeah the electricity smash thing he does will kill the pirates if they're on the ground but I noticed alot of the time they jumped up onto pirches on the wall and just kept taking potshots at me. Its a real pain in the hole when this happens because I couldn't shoot at them because that omega fag9t was absorbing all my fire with his weird shield arm dealy. Trying to avoid both them and the boss is bloody hard, so it is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I beat him in one go. Uber plant was way harder only because it took me two goes to no how to beat him. I also didn't have to use the cheat way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

dang, too late, brought it back already.

[oh well, zelda, yeay] :)

Advertisement