Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead Tickets For Sale............

Options
  • 17-03-2003 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

4 of em....................unwanted 'ahem'...gift....yes, that'll do ..........standing, saturday nite......60 quid each........send me a private message

ta ta:D :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

it begins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

DICKHEAD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

w.a.s.t.e. is watching

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

60 blips each hahahaha its yer round next time Deco..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i'd rather eat my own arm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Saul

the tickets cost 54 if you order from ireland so it not too bad. but touty git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

60 is going to seem ****ing reasonable come May when they're in buy and sell for 200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

How can W.A.S.T.E. cancell the tickets if they don't know who he is ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wnk

I'll buy them? I hope they are still available
    can you pm me cos your inbox is full
    or email: paranoidschizoid@hotmail.com
    or icq 2114122

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Yerwan

Can you email me on ursulamacken@hotmail.com if you still have the tickets for sale. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pel

Can you email me at dhanley@btiirl.ie and we'lldiscuss a price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

Managed to get 2 tickets off waste.uk.com......talk about a difficult booking process!! "you have waited over 4 minutes"
    gonna be a great gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

any idea when the tickets are going to be sent out ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

it said on the website that they'd be sending them out on May 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i will always love knobbles for telling me about this

GLASTO COPIES RADIOHEAD TICKET TACTICS

GLASTONBURY organiser MICHAEL EAVIS says he is going to follow RADIOHEAD's lead and withhold tickets for his festival from opportunists attempting to sell them illegally on Internet auction sites.

All 112,000 tickets for the June event were snapped up with 23 hours of going on sale last Monday (March 31). Almost immediately, they started to appear on ebay retailing for at least £450 a pair - more than twice the £105 face value.

Eavis said that after reading in the NME how Radiohead plan to prevent would-be touts using ebay to sell-on tickets for their UK tour, he would copy the template.

"It was your story last week," he told NME. "We've already written to the people on ebay and told them they won't get their tickets. We've sent them emails. They know now they won't get tickets. We do have the list as it comes up on the website. We send them an email and say we've seen you on the website, you won't get your ticket. End of story."

Eavis also said that he has started a reserve lists of fans seeking tickets. They would be offered the tickets seized from online touts.

"I've got someone working on this full time," he said. "We've got to find a way of stopping it so we can get those tickets back and sell them to more deserving people. We're making a list. We clawed 500 back yesterday alone."

He also admitted the system was not failsafe and that many people could slip undetected through the net.

One vendor described the means he would employ to sell on his ticket.

"There has been speculation in the news that tickets will only be released two weeks before the festival," he wrote, "but I have booked with a ticket agency, which allows the delivery address to be changed at any time. This will be changed to your address upon receipt of payment. You will receive the tickets on the morning everyone else does direct from the ticket agency."

Eavis, who put the demand for tickets down partly to the announcement of REM and Radiohead as headliners, said that in future he and his army of helpers would either have to vet "all the names individually", or look at increasing Glastonbury's capacity.

"The licensing people might let us increase the capacity a little bit, but I don't want to go through the ceiling," he said. "Saturation point is probably 200,000, but I can't really see the authorities agreeing with that sort of figure. We have plenty of land, though. Loads of redundant farmers everywhere at the moment."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Amnesiac

Hey! I'm desperate for tickets to sat. night. i have spares for sun. (2) and am willing to throw some money on top for a straight swap. anyone interested? i know i've posted about this before, but i'm a wee bit anxious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

ill sell you one if you promise never to listen to those ****wits again. deal???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

the gumption........slagging sweet radiohead..........with a name like eyeliner boy eh. so you bought them with a view to making money off people who genuinely desperately want to see them.
    touting twat. hope you get reefed. now be gone.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Pah bunch of gimps all of ye, the real problem is on-line and credit card bookings which seem to be open before the ticketmasters in the shops. so while you're freezing yer ass off some punter is buying **** loads on his mammy's credit card snug at home in D4.....................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rob Taylor

I agree with the last poster. It makes me sick when people buy tickets for a gig that they've no intention of going to, just so they can flog them off at a profit to some real fan. Eyeliner Boy, if they were an "unwanted gift", why not sell them at face value? You're still only going to make a profit one what you paid for them (ie NOTHING), and leave the touting to the assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The "face value" is 54 euro in total. 6 euro per ticket isn't something to cry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Just got ticket conformation 2day, i am purchasing from the tout that is my brother who had a credit card & bought them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Have to think that the MCD tactic of witholding a batch of tickets till the last minute is always a great way of pissing off the touts and pushing down the prices they charge. Only works for large events.

I do recall trying to sell a pair of tickets to The Verve (Slane) at face value and was so intimidated by touts who were trying to force me to sell to them that I ended up ripping up the tickets in their face (much to the amazement of a mate).

While this debate on touts is interesting it has stemmed from a posting where somebody was effectively trying to tout tickets. This board is not ebay or Buy and Sell and we regard posts where tickets are offered for sale as very dubious. We would recommend that posters DO NOT BUY TICKETS or other merchandise from unknown sources. We are not responsible if you end up being ripped off. BUYER BEWARE!

Hey eyeliner. Did they catch ya owt

Anyone who missed out on gaining May Radiohead tickets still have a chance - tickets for most dates have gone back on sale again! These are the returned tickets which were sold on eBay or other internet auction sites.

Advertisement