Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post leaving cert "projects"

• 17-03-2003 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

seamus, leave this here a while pweeeeeze!!!:( ;)

in terms of after the leaving, besides work, what are people doing? travel, music, bands etc

i'm hoping to get myself back into a punk ska band...on a related topic...

i'm doing the leaving in june and until then i dont have the time to commit to a band so:

i was wondering if there was anyone who wanted to start a punk ska band after the LC?

i'm located in south dublin, co. dudlin to be exact

age/sex not an issue

i'm looking for a drummer, guitarists, trumpet/some sort of horn and maybe a bass player

i'm a singer with some bass playing abilities and a friend of mine is going to take up sax again

influences in no particular order include:
    NoFx
    Green Day
    Less Than Jake
    Pennywise
    mad caddies
    rancid
    the mighty mighty bosstones
    bad religion
    offspring
    propaghandi
    misfits
    reel big fish
    bad manners
    operation ivy

all influences welcome

book your place on this skankin' rollercoaster now, now, now....

mail me
    or

ferdi

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If I were you I'd remove the mobile number and only give it to people who pm you, dont want any pranks do you?

In spite of ferdi's blatant crossposting :), does anyone else have any aspirations for after the LC (apart from drinking a lot of beer and staying out aaaalllll night)?

Any of yis looking to computer courses in September, I'd advise trying to do a website, or learn a new programming language or sumfink.

This summer is a good time to do stuff. Once you hit the end of second year in college, ye'r gonna be so busy, you won't have time to do all those little projects you keep planning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

ye i was thinkin of picking up a language but was wondeirng where to start? Java, C, c++ , VB??
    whats the easiest

cart

Personally, I'd say go with Java, but I'm not sure how easy it is to learn outside of a classroom environment.

Go with Perl. It's kind of an all-rounder. Easy enough to learn and will give you a foundation in programming, like VB, but it's actually a good language,:p and is also used in both application programming and web development. Very useful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Well i'm doing Software development and comp networking in CIT in september so i'm gonna get me one of thoose "learn Java in 21 days" books and make some appz for my phone and some simple games for me PC. I already have a website sooo....

I dont think i'll be going abroad for holidays this summer maybe to wales for a few days???

Other then that I plan on doing alot partying, Kayaking,Rock climbing.....Mountaineering,Camping,Spending some more Time with me GF,go away with the lads camping and lots of drinking and banter for some weekends...and erm thats pretty much all i have planned so far besides finding some feckin' part time work.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

If we were to take a year out and work is there any plcs we can do part time that would only take one year to complete?