Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone dialing into Win XP Pro box

Options
  • 17-03-2003 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to connect my Nokia 6310i to my Windows XP Pro Box, but am having problems.

Now ordinarily, you would use infra red, bluetooth or a cable, but that’s for use with the Nokia Data Suite or as a modem, that’s not what I want it to do here.

What I’m trying to do is to dial into the WinXP box, be authenticated and use the wap service to do various tasks over the phone from a remote location.

At the moment, I’ve created new “Active Service Settings” on the phone with the details listed below, but I’m just not connecting properly. I get authenticated, (I see this in the Network Connections Window on XP) but I get “No response, Try again later” error message on the phone.

Any Ideas?

Cheers,

James

Wap Settings on phone:
    Setting Name: Home
    Home page: http://192.168.0.1/wap
    Session Mode: Permanent
    Connection Security: Off
    Data Bearer: GSM Data
    Dial up number: 045xxxxxxxx
    I.P. Address: 192.168.0.2
    Authentication Type: Normal