Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pso Gc

Options
  • 17-03-2003 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Is anyone in Ireland playing whis game. Copys of the game are pretty thin on the ground and the modems evern thinner. I have mine on order from cdwow but their taking their time. I've only seen the modem in Virgin in Tallaght. I wondered was connecting to the game easy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Interesting question. My BB adapter is USB, so i would have to use ICS to get my cube online. Anyone know if it likes ICS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

if its anything like the DC version(which still has a large following online, I might add), it should be a sinch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 repoman_666

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only
    if its anything like the DC version(which still has a large following online, I might add)

I had heard that the DC servers shut down once the GC version was released. I was waiting until the cube version came out before playing it again.

I might dust down the DC and have a look tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I went into Game the other day to pick it up along with the modem adaptor only to find it sitting on it's own on the shelf without the modem. I went up to the desk and asked about it only to be told that: "well you see we don't have broadband in Ireland so we didn't get the modems in".
    This is just plain stupid as that pretty much translates as Nintendo don't think that Ireland have any kind of internet connections whatsoever including narrowband. I was going to buy it on amazon together with the modem but what with Eircom i-stream coming up and all I decided to be optimistic and hold out until I have bb and get the bb adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

HMV on Grafton St. have a few dial up modems in. Haven't seen the BB ones. So looks like i'll have to order overseas :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

This is just plain stupid as that pretty much translates as Nintendo don't think that Ireland have any kind of internet connections whatsoever including narrowband.

This isn't Nintendo's fault. GAME are refusing to stock the modem or broadband adapter in either Ireland or the UK. They claim that the network hasn't been proven to be reliable to them; everyone else wonders how this is any of their damn business. I suspect it's them sulking over GameCube profit margins again. They're the only retailer arrogant enough to try this kind of trash on because they believe that they're big enough to bully the publishers and hardware companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 repoman_666

If anyone was thinking of getting PSO this might come in handy

http://www.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=GB&cr=GBP&cs=%A3&r=1&l=1&ProdID=167

Beware of the onsite currency converter £19.99 = €32.99:(

Advertisement