Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Sound Engineers out there?

Options
  • 17-03-2003 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

first of all...Sorry, didnt know where to put this:)

Hiyas,

Right, at the moment im doing electronic engineering in Cork IT. I want to work with music and computing as a career when i'm finished rather than working in some factory. Basically i wanna be a sound engineer.

After spending a while on the net i found two places in ireland that offer courses that suit me. One is at poppyhill, naas. The other is at the Sound Training Centre in Temple Bar. The stc one looks the best buuuut i'm not sure. I'm just wondering if anyone on boards is in the industry? Or have you completed either of these courses? Any comments to make? What is the industry like?

Even if your not in the industry but know about music n stuff look at the courses and tell me what you think they're lacking, something i might have missed. Also location wise, which is better?(seems obvious but i still dunno).

bes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

My sister did a course at Pulse a while ago, she said it was brilliant. Pricey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

my mates little sister is doing the course in the tbmc.
    she says its really good and she loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

im pretty sure that they're more courses available in the cork kerry area like St.johns or Tralee institute couldnt b certain though.

One thing i do know about it is that its hard to make a living from it unless your very good and very patient.emphisis on patient there. Aswell as that when it comes to gettin a job its the feedback from ur last job thats important ur only as good as ur last job. r somethin lik that?!

But its a good line of work all the same if u enjoy music.I did it as work experience and it was good fun.

hope that was some help!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I completed the one in Pulse, its expensive but it offers the full course, Part 1+2 and 3 too i think, most places only offer part 1 and a few do Part 2 . Its excellent, my mate done it to and ended up working with the Corrs and a few other big bands.

gar

Advertisement