Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this beginners kit...

• 17-03-2003 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

OK I've been considering learning the guiter for years and have decided I want to try and see if I can teach myself.

I used to play the piano years ago so I can probably relearn reading sheet music quite quickly. I've been looking around and this kit on a german site has caught my eye as the right price for me. But I would appreciate any opinions from you guys on here.

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_thomann_gitarren_set_g32_prodinfo.html

Cheers,

Gandalf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ive never played a harley benton, so i cant give you good advice there. Personally if it was me, i wouldnt go for that package. You could pick up a similar deal down down for a decent price and save cash on the shipping. the Gtar looks nice enough but god knows what it plays like , at least in the city you could pick up the guitars and see what feels comfortable, you might prefer the feel of a strat copy to a les paul copy, a 20 watt amp is ok but a 10 watt would be more than fine. and any shop of worth would give you a bag or a strap and some strings for free along with a purchase. I bought my girl friend a elec guitar and amp combo last year for about €130.00 it wasnt great but it was fine for her messing around. for 200 -250 you could get a decent starter package in Ireland.
    If you want to look around Dublin some saturday gimme a shout and id be more than happy to help you out and show you some of the good shops for deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It looks ok, and the amp looks decent enough, but you wont be able to tell. Try pick up something second hand from the buy n sell. A Silver Series Squire with a humbucker for 160 euro or less wouldn't be asking too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

There's no point splashing out yet anyway. If you learn on a really good guitar. That's all you'll really be able to play - a really good guitar.

I reccomend starting on an acoustic (regardless of what kind of guitar playing you're into). Your fingers will build up more strength - and you need to learn rythm before lead (although you probably already have that from the piano).

Don'g spend any more than €140. In about a year or two, when you buy a better guitar, you'll play it like a violin! (er... you know what I mean.) But trust me, acoustic is the way to learn.

What kind of music would you like to see yourself playing anyway?

Advertisement