Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i wont wait up for george bush tonite

Options
  • 18-03-2003 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

or if i do i may nod off.i think i've developed a reaction to all this saddam hyperbole.if i may anticipate some of his speech "even as i speak to you tonite the american people,saddam's forces armed with chemical warheads are moving towards the border with kuwait"etc god knows his teleprompter may even malfunction and they might call off the war

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

how can people believe this bull****. I mean, I might have a efew on me but I've just listened to ghis speech and its absolute bull****. How can anyone even considwer what he's saying to be true. Tis guy wasn't democraticly elected, he has no right even being on any podium giving speeches about how the world should act towards rogue states.

I have no sympathy towards Iraq, and Saddam has to be taken out of power but surely people can realise that George W poses a much bigger thrrat to the world than Saddam ever will.

I need seriious convincing that the US are doing us all a favour by removing him and that speech just didn't do it for me. Admittedly I am totally anti-Bush (as opposed to anti-American) but he has said nothing tonight to rally support in his favoutr. Do they really care what the world thinks? By the sound of it tonight they couldn't give a rats ass what we think. The sooner he's removed from poewr the better as far as I can see.

So how much would it cost Europe to impose sanctions on the US?? Someone's got to stand up to this muoppet sooner or later, if not sooner then the cost could be huge for all concerned. I appreciate American culture but this is going well beyond a joke....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

"do not blow up the oil wells. they are a source of wealth to your nation"

Well it was something like that.

Killian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i didn't see it live but saw excerpts on "Americas fair and balanced" (lol) source for news and it made absolutely no sense to me or anyone else who watched with me. now Bill O Reilly is trying to turn planet earth against France. they should rename it the FOX Comedy Channel :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I didn't see all of it, but what I did see Bush didn't show any emotion or facial expressions saying it. It could of been an animatronix. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

first it was calls for Saddam to disarm now its "get the F out of your own country!!!"

It is so so wrong and frustrating!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

It was like watching a film, absolutley surreal.
    . It could of been an animatronix.

It could have been a bloody cartoon!!- evil dictator V bushy boy.

I felt like getting sick all over the tele.

I waited for him to mention God in his speech too, and yes, lo and behold...

The bit about -dont destroy the oil- because that belongs to the Iraqi people- made me laugh out loud.

:mad: I'm so angry, and then what made me even angrier was listening to American's being interviewed about the speech this morning, c'mon America cop on!!!

Advertisement