Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commercial board for small traders?

• 18-03-2003 8:42am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This idea may not be practical for you guys but it's been on my mind for quite some time, so I thought I'd ask as I was reminded about it again tonight by this post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=814973#post814973

How about a commercial board where people pay a reasonable fee to place an ad in a sticky for a period of time? Maybe the work involved won't pay you guys to do this and maybe people won't bother to look at it. Personally I would look at it regularly but it would be interesting to see what others think about it.

My reasons for this idea:
    * Benefit to all boards users who might otherwise miss out on a great deal from a trader.
    * Extra revenue for boards maintenance or perhaps Vexorg's fund raising, though it may not make much.
    * Cheap alternative to a banner ad to suite small traders who wouldn't find it feasible to take out a big ad.
    * It would reduce the amount of posts we continually have to delete (these people will never go away)

So anyway, why send them away? I think they are generally looked at as demons here as the only times we see them is when they're breaking the boards rules on advertising. They don't really have any other choice as a banner ad wouldn't be worth their while. They're dying to get in and the boards users have shown interest in dealing with them in the past so why not give it a go?

I appreciate it may be too much work for you guys and may not be worth the hassle, so if it's a silly idea don't be afraid to say so.

Blade

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

That sounds promising Lor, the admins are having a meeting in the Azores shortly and we should be able to come to a decision.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Good stuff.

If you could accept CC payment it would be great, preferably direct as paypal take too much of a chunk. You could also use it for donations or to sell boards mugs/tee-shirts etc in aid of Vex's trek or for the boards maintenance.

Blade

Advertisement