Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV boot disk

Options
  • 18-03-2003 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of a good (preferably free) anti virus boot disk?

Basically I'm looking for a disk that I can boot from and will run a virus scan automatically. The PCs dont have AV installed on them at the moment (60 pcs) and I want to be sure they are clean before putting them on the network. I know that at least one is infected with bugbear (and would normally use Stinger to remove it) but with this volume of pcs I would prefer a fire and forget type of approach.

anyone got any ideas?

(if I create a boot disk from Mcafee virusscan, will it work on a PC without vsscan installed?).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Any clean boot disk is ready to go ,it doesnt need any programs as the floppy is all inclusive thats how they work.
    It assumes the PC is infected so only a clean floppy will do.

I find downloading boot disks from symantec is the cleanest way to gaurantee you have a clean floppy.

kdjac

Advertisement