Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Route 70 bus

• 18-03-2003 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

hey does anyone else get this bus, it's terrible, it's rarly on time, it's not in the slightest regular and it only goes directly to town

although going to town is fair enough, there have got to be other ways which public transport can get people out of dunboyne!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The one issue with the 70 is the same thing that blights the 39; Blanchardstown Centre. Busses get lost in there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

The 70 is the best bus you can get from where I live in Blanch. It skips all of Clonsilla, and all of Castleknock, going straight into town. If they diverted it through Clonsilla (after the 39) I'd loose the rag ;)

It does only come about every hour and a half though :/
    On the other hand, isnt there a shuttle bus running from Dunboyne to the shopping centre charging minimum fair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

They don't get lost.. they just take too long to get through it :mad: I wish the 39 just avoided the blanchardstown centre but I kknow it's not gonna happen..
    39A/39B/39X are the way to go ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I get the 39 about two stops after it get out of th shopping centre, and it will still take 40 minto 1 hr 20 mins to get into town.
    Yes i could get it at a stop closer to the house but then it has to go all arround hartsown/huntstown and then the centre.

They should cut out the village section of the route of have the bus go through the centre and down the grove rd and then into the village if nesscary. nothing worse then getting on the damn bus and then it taking 30 mins to get on to the clonsilla rd and then through the blanch village.

At peak times the 70 is the best bet a 15 min walk from the centre home or 40 mins on a mind numbing bus.

oh and what is with the blue smoking lunge at the top of the bloody bus . I'd prefer not get stoned on my trip into town or home.

Advertisement