Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can u help me stop pulling my wire?

• 18-03-2003 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

I'm tired of pulling wires (no - not in the phoenix park!), its my LAN - currently using a generic (borrowed? from work) 8 point 10/100 lhub, I've just moved in with 3 non-techie mates and want to set up a wireless LAN as we need to share the broadband (at last!) connection we'll be getting in. We also have mates that live across the street (about 20 metres away) and we're hoping to share it with them also...

So - what I need is a hub capable of recieving broadboand from a server and sharing that with 3 clients (maybe 4) within a radius of about 30 metres...

here is what I was looking at getting - but to be honest I'm a novice at this and am not sure if this is the best idea...http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?act...9&GrpID=16&s=pl

another friend suggested USB wireless net cards and he claimed I wouldn't need a hub - keep in mind the others are all non-techies and would only be willing to spend up to €75 each on kit - I'm happy to buy the kit as I will always use it, but only if the total cost is <€300-350

Am I mental? Will I have to spend loads? Only YOU - THE PEOPLE, can decide....

Advertisement