Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iris #2...

Options
  • 18-03-2003 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Belfast rockers Element have just been added to the line-up which is now as follows-

Temple Bar Music Centre - Thursday 20th March - 7.30pm

Main Room
    Berkeley
    Derrick Devine
    The Beautiful Losers
    Element
    Tag
    Outrhythm

Acoustic Room
    Mumblin' Deaf Ro
    Tadhg Cooke
    Kev Littlewood
    Ed Hurrell

Bar
    Djs Paddy Fagan + Lazarus

Admission - 7 euro / 5 euro students

If anybody has any suggestions on how we could improve the IRIS nights or any ideas for bands we could feature in the future please get in touch - events@irismagazine.net

Also, if anyone out there is thinking about recording an album check out Doug Sheridan's article on the website - www.irismagazine.net

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I dunno if you do non-Irish bands but I love Thoria from England and it would be great to see them come over.You can check some of their stuff at their site here

Dregin

Berkeley's official website is here .Their board is lookin pretty bare so if anyone feels like entertaining me please go here .

(if this is seen as hijacking the thread get onto me and I'll get rid of it;))

Thanks for your time

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Element are pretty good got their ep pariah tales a while ago and its class kind of the rockier side of buckley like but not in a crappy starsailor way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

quite looking forward to seeing tagdh cooke and berkely, really looking forward to this night

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

I'm going for the free food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Davo

How about Sundogs,
    I was reading your "Gigsmart Band Interviews" on your site and a good few of the bands mention them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

mmmm free food...
    with you on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

I'd like to point out that only people playing on this night get free food.
    "If you want free peanuts, sandwhiches and cheap Dutch Gold and you're not playing there might be some 'helper monkey' style work available... the menial nature of which will be at the promoters discretion." - IRIS directive 2(b), sub-paragraph(a).
    Thanking you all in advance for your compliance with the IRIS rules and regulations.
    Also 'Element' do totally rock - expect to hear a lot more from them over the coming months.
    Enjoy the night comrades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Hey there, My name is Niall Stynes I help out alot with things in GigSmart, and I was invloved in the organization of the Gig in the Music Centre on the 19th of February that was reviewed on the Iris Website, I would just like to say that we really like what your doing and we really respect and appreciate the hard work that you must be putting in.
    We were very happy with the Review that you gave us and we felt that it was very fair and accurate of what we are about as an organization.
    If you need any help with anything in general or help organizing gigs, bands etc, I would be more than happy to get involved, I will send an email to your address above and if you ever want to get in contact, we can meet up some time and discuss similar interests and goals that we might share.
    I am sure that there would be alot of GigSmart bands that would be more than happy to appear on one of your gigs, my band included.
    Hope to hear back from you soon.

Regards,

Niall Stynes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

dutch, sandwhiches and peanuts, oh yes. gigsmart and iris could put on one hell of a gig together, definitely worth further investigation

www.beautifullosers.info

• Advertisement

2 1/2 hours!.Can't wait.see yiz all there.

Dregin

Advertisement