Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sequel to Cube???

Options
  • 18-03-2003 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

read in "Empire" that classic and often overlooked film "Cube" is to get a straight to video sequel/anyone know anything about it?it'll be pretty boring if they just do a retread of the first film but with different characters/trap sequences

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Interesting.... I loved the first one, so I'll be interested to see how the sequel turns out. From a bit of googling, this review isn't too enthusiastic about it (and even mentions a Cube 3!). This is the movie's homepage. This review from Ain't It Cool News seems to be alot more enthusiastic.

Is it out here yet?

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

it don't sound all that good!why,oh why can't hollywood leave good films alone without bringing them back for suck ass sequels?they did the same with Candyman and Hellraiser.and excuse me,"Hypercube"?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

It was on channel 4 a good while ago and it really entertained me. I hope the sequel isnt too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Maybe if they end up explaining why the cube exists they could pan it out a bit.

I think that was part of the appeal of the original, Gordon. You never found out who was behind it, where it was, who created it etc. Thats a very american trait (needing every little detail explained!). It was very brave of them NOT to explain it!

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

I thought they did explain it in the first film?without giving a spoiler,doesn't one of the people tell us who built it and why it was being used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

That fiilm was a load of shít...the only good bit in it was at the beginning when the bald fella walked straight through the wire fence and got sliced to bits....and could u get a shíttiér ending.. only the fúckin retard survived....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

As films go i really liked the cube, It had masses of potential but unfortunatley didnt really live up to it. but still liked it. It was different.

Looking forard to the sequel as well i'd say they will give some clues as to why the cube exsists, if not the sequel will be a disaster, watching the same film with different actors.

mmmmm
    gogo

Originally posted by Sesudra
    I thought they did explain it in the first film?without giving a spoiler,doesn't one of the people tell us who built it and why it was being used?
    One guy was involved with making one part of the cube. No one involved with creating the cube knew why they were doing it. I don't think it was explained who or why, but I might be wrong. I haven't seen it for months.....

The sci-fi channel shows it every few weeks. I must look out for it.

- Dave.

From what Ive read it seems to be the exact same as the first film. Same story, same location and so on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement