Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Monkey Ball 2

Options
  • 18-03-2003 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

I picked this up the other day and I've been pretty impressed so far. I loved the original game and had to wait many a long month for the sequel. Now that it's finally here I'm back in monkey heaven :D
    I've managed to get up to the final world but the fact that you don't have a life system in the story mode makes it a tad easy. Just be glad the old challenge mode is still there. The bonus games are still great although monkey bowling's crazy courses are just the wrong side of luck based. Anyways if you haven't picked it up yet I recommend you pick it up ASAP :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

its on my list along with picmin and animal crossing and zelda.
    going to order animal crossing and zelda today on import.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 BOP

I was going to get this but i've read some critism saying that its gone very luck based and is a more frutrating affair than the original. I didn't get the frist one cos No 2 was on the way. I can get the first one for half the price of the second. What would you recommend Sloth? Whats monkey pool like? (that's monkey pool);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 repoman_666

Get the second one.

It's got all the extras from the first game aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Admittedly yes there are far more dud levels in 2 then in 1 but considering theres more levels in 2 it kind of makes up for that. Although I will say that a lot of the ones that seem luck based at first actually rely on good timing and ball control as the old levels always did. After testing all the bonus games fully today (ie against someone rather than the computer) I can safely say that all the new games are great but the remakes of the old ones lack the same spark that the old ones had.
    BOP, I'd go for the first one because if you get the first one and love it then you can go onto 2 but if you get 2 then going on to 1 will make 1 seem like less of a game then it actually is. Plus anyways to be honest the best mini game, Monkey Target was better in the first one.

Advertisement