Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nice Weather Warning - Guards out and about

Options
  • 18-03-2003 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed on my travels today that Garda activity is noticably higher with the nice sunny weather, so beware speedtraps and tax/insurance/nct checks!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Not so much the weather actually....

They have way more of these checks on bank holiday weekends.

couple of reasons:
    1) more people are on the roads
    2) more people die (a bit more visible presence may just slow someone down enough to make them not lose it on that bend)
    3) more people drink more..... esp paddies weekend.

So yeah, they'll always be seen round the bank holiday, weather don't hurt, but they do it for oct bank holiday too.

spent the entire weekend trying to keep off the main roads. only came up to one stop but I was turning off (legitimately I might add) just before it. still managed to cover over 600 miles between thursday night and monday night, and the longest haul I did was only 100 miles.........

must get nct.
    must get tax.
    must send in certificate of competency.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yeah You Must! :eek:

Mike.

Advertisement