Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane, What you want to see at

• 18-03-2003 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Out of all the bands playing at slane, who are you most looking foward to? I'd have to say queens of the stoneage myself. I wanna here every1 thinks

Tell me if i left some out

The band u most wanna see: 35 votes

Foo fighters
    0% 0 votes
    Red hot chilli's
    17% 6 votes
    Queens of the Stone age
    45% 16 votes
    PJ harvey
    31% 11 votes
    Feeder
    2% 1 vote
    cant wait to see them atari jaguar's!(not going/they all suck!)
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

not that i dont hate their fu(kin guts but aren't Morcheeba playin too????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Queens of The Stone Age by a friggin mile!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Yes, Morcheeba have been confirmed and I have reason to believe that Gemma Hayes will complete the line-up, but that is not confirmed.

Thats a pretty poor festival. You would think after this long MCD would expand Slane by adding at least one more stage. They're going to have serious competition when Reading Ireland (or The Laois Festival as I like to call it) emerges over the next few years.

If I was going to Slane, I would most look foward to Queens of the Stone Age, even though I have seen them before.
    In fact, I have also seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Foo Fighters and disliked both concerts. Guess theres no point of me going to Slane then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

I heard rumours of Tenacious D playin at slane becaouse they're aparently close friends to some of the other bands playin there!! any one hear anythin bout it? r am i just talkin through my ass! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by JoeKelly
    I heard rumours of Tenacious D playin at slane becaouse they're aparently close friends to some of the other bands playin there!! any one hear anythin bout it? r am i just talkin through my ass! :D

I liked tenacious D a lot when they first released their album but now they're a bore. I couldn't believe it when my friend who was at their gig this week told me it was the exact same show they put on as the gig we both went to see last year for €18! Even the film clips between songs are the same. No new songs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

I heard rumours of Tenacious D playin at slane becaouse they're aparently close friends to some of the other bands playin there!! any one hear anythin bout it? r am i just talkin through my ass!

Well I know Tenacious D and the Foo fighers are friends (just look at the amount of each others videos they are in) but I don't know about the rest of the bands.I haven't heard anything about it but they wouldn't be as bad as some of the others. <cough>morcheeba</cough>
    Anywho I'm lookin forward to seeing Qotsa most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭JoeKelly

it was the exact same show they put on as the gig we both went to see last year for €18! Even the film clips between songs are the same. No new songs!
    i agree with ya there im not a big fan of tenaciuos d either and it kills me wen ppl cant seem to improvise at a gig instead of repeatin the exact same sounds and visuals might aswell b miming. it probably all ****e any way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Most looking forward to The Queens Of The Stone Age and Foo Fighters.

Is this the line up so far?

RHCP
    The Foo's
    QOTSA
    Feeder
    Morcheeba
    P.J. Harvey

Is that it? Has Gemma Hayes been confimed yet? Are many more gonna be added? Is there a chance AC/DC might get added at the last minute?
    *God Willing!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

I thought qotsa pulled out, something to do with there ungoing arguments with dave. However they were saying it as it clashes with the lunapuluza gig. If this is true it takes a lot from the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

QOTSA aren't playing the last week of Lollapalooza 'cause they're playing European dates including Slane

www.lollapalooza.com/cities.htm
    * A Perfect Circle appears in place of Queens of the Stone Age on these dates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I would go crazy if QOTSA canceled. Yeah Morcheeba suck imho. But ya need them. Gives ya time to find some drunken floo-sey's :evilgrin:

Although you have to admit, any1 who was at tenacious at the ambassador ages ago, they were great! More comedians then musicians perhaps.

Any admin/mod feel like adding them to the poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms Taken

Red hot chilli peppers are class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

i have been wondering, since i heard the name....who is PJ Harvey??? i have never heard him/her before

:confused:

chili peppers rock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

RCHP
    Foo Fighters
    QotSA

Advertisement