Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Istream Router

Options
  • 19-03-2003 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

lo..
    got a few pcs here,
    wanna share istream adsl between them..

sick of using nat,ics software..
    does the job but to much overhead..

gonna get me a router :-)

dlink do good cheap routers,
    any1 recommend some?

thanks
    Dermot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

d-link 504 from it direct on parliment street is a snip at eur 163 (i think)
    Using it for my adsl and I'm very happy with it, its set up in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Ardmore

Originally posted by fisty
    d-link 504 from it direct on parliment street is a snip at eur 163 (i think)
    Using it for my adsl and I'm very happy with it, its set up in no time.
    I used the DLink DI-804 to share 3 PCs on i-Stream, and I can confirm that it's a straightforward procedure.

(The 504 is an ADSL router, so you don't need a "modem" with it. The 804 is "just" a broadband firewall/router, so you need an ADSL (or cable) modem with an Ethernet interface to connect it. Both of them have a 4 port ethernet switch built in).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

Hi
    I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Dsl router/Ap/4 port Sw new condt and boxed €115 if your interested.You get 802.11b in to the deal if you want to connect a laptop/or friend who has a wireless card,have a look at the spec yourself

http://linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=415

Advertisement