Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

Options
  • 19-03-2003 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

I need to remove IE and re-install it. Here's the question. If I do this, will Outlook Express be affected?

Can I remove Internet Explorer without OE? On the add/remove programs in Control Panel, it says Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 and Internet Tools. If I remove it will this affect my current Outlook Express. What are Internet Tools???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

which operating system are you using?
    are you re-installing IE5.5? or are you going to upgrade to IE6??

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

Using Win 98SE. Have Explorer 6 on Cd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

can't say i'm 100% about this 'cos i dont use outlook for anything so i'm open to correction, but if you're just gonna upgrade IE then it shouldn't make any difference to outlook at all, it might even upgrade it too. if you're installin IE6, it will tell you what it's gonna install and it should give you the option of a custom setup where you can choose the components you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic

I'll try it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

You don't need to uninstall any IE version to upgrade (i.e. to go UP in number). Installing IE 6 will also upgrade Lookout Express to version 6, but will not affect your e-mail, filters, address book etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement