Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joysticks..

Options
  • 19-03-2003 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a joystick pretty soon and hands on expeirence is always helpfull. From my google antics, im probably leaning towards the non-force feed back version of the microsoft sidewinder 2.

I want it to play bf1942 with but it would be nice to know it will be good with all flight type games. Any advice on a joystick you use or you've used would be helpfull.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I bought a Trustmaster Top Gun a few years ago and haven't looked back since. It's got a good weight, the buttons (4 plus a hat) are all in the right places and still go clickety-clack nicely after all this time. Having a look at the Thrustmaster site now the Top Gun line has changed, but I wouldnt hesitate to get another Thrustmaster joystick (except I'd get a force feedback one this time).

I just can't stand those sticks that are so flimsy you can go into a nose-dive just by breathing heavily on them - try and go into Game Dawson St or Compustore so you can actually have a go of them before you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have a ~3 year old Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D

Nice heavy base, 4 buttons + trigger + digital POV hat on stick, nice contoured handle with the ledge thingy to rest your hand on and stop it slipping off the stick onto the base, 2 buttons on the base, throttle which yaws around the stick shaft, rudder built into the stick.
    Has a USB connection. very durable.
    Looks the business.
    Cost me £35 back then in Compustore.
    I've seen them for €30-40 in various places and the Force-Feedback (black colouring) is ~ €55+ afaik.

Lovely software with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I've got a Saitek Cyborg 3d. It's really comfy cos you can adjust all the bits with a little tool. And it looks cool too and cheaper than the Sidewinder.

But I suspect the sidewinder has better driver/game support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Have a couple of Wingman Attack 2's.

Decent budget stick, can't complain. 6 buttons and a throttle. Nice feel too. 20-25 Euro a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

you've already seen my wingman force 3d. it cost 39.99 in dixons and its actually force feedback compared to some other clumsy big joysticks. but i cant figure out how to turn on force feedback for bf1942 yet.

adnans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

To get force feedback you muct configure it in the gamepads software program.

kdjac

Advertisement