Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaper - My arch enemy

Options
  • 08-04-1998 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

>> One thing that surprised me was to see Zero quoting Reaper. I always used to think of these two as arch-enemies

Hah. That stopped a long time ago. We have shared many-a-spliff since then. Back then it was all Quakelords 97 and anyone who was taking part hated everybody else as they were an obstruction. Apart from the reason that Reaper is dead sound, we just arent rivals anymore. I as good as gave up playin competitively after Quakelords, the IQCL is just a laugh, clan wars are good fun. Back before Quakelords, I used to lose the head pretty much if I lost a game, the only person used to beat me was Overlord, and me and reaper used to bate each other around regularly too. Now, it's different, people like Cloud, Bunny and Koopa practising like Ninjas have improved an awful lot and now beat me a good bit, but I don't play that much, certainly not enough to stay on top, neither does Overlord although he seems to always be on form. It doesn't bother me, Overlord and maybe Reaper at all to be beaten now, coz thru lack of praccy we should be no better than muppets, but we still come out on top a lot. There is no hatred or any of that shiite coz there's no rivalry anymore. When I play Quake now, its barely for an hour a day, and it's just for a kickaround.
    I won QL but that could have gone just as easily to Overlord, Reaper, Krusty or maybe Beast or Alan. Now things are different, we've slowed down and a lot more people have sped up.

Alternatively I could have just answered ure question with "no i dont hate reaper, he's actually a good mate now"

that answer it Jim?

Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: >> One thing that surprised me was to see Zero quoting Reaper. I always used to think of these two as arch-enemies

: Hah. That stopped a long time ago. We have shared many-a-spliff since then. Back then it was all Quakelords 97 and anyone who was taking part hated everybody else as they were an obstruction. Apart from the reason that Reaper is dead sound, we just arent rivals anymore. I as good as gave up playin competitively after Quakelords, the IQCL is just a laugh, clan wars are good fun. Back before Quakelords, I used to lose the head pretty much if I lost a game, the only person used to beat me was Overlord, and me and reaper used to bate each other around regularly too. Now, it's different, people like Cloud, Bunny and Koopa practising like Ninjas have improved an awful lot and now beat me a good bit, but I don't play that much, certainly not enough to stay on top, neither does Overlord although he seems to always be on form. It doesn't bother me, Overlord and maybe Reaper at all to be beaten now, coz thru lack of praccy we should be no better than muppets, but we still come out on top a lot. There is no hatred or any of that shiite coz there's no rivalry anymore. When I play Quake now, its barely for an hour a day, and it's just for a kickaround.
    : I won QL but that could have gone just as easily to Overlord, Reaper, Krusty or maybe Beast or Alan. Now things are different, we've slowed down and a lot more people have sped up.

: Alternatively I could have just answered ure question with "no i dont hate reaper, he's actually a good mate now"

: that answer it Jim?

: Z
    Awwww *snuggles up to Zero*......

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cheers Zero!

Just about! I knew from reaper ye weren't enemies anymore, just trying to dig out a few more potential enemies from the woodwork (and pass some time while some code ran at work).

Still, I know you're only in denial and ready to make a big competitive comeback!! You were at that sh!te on ~krusty before quakelords 97 as well "blah blah I won't win I'm not into quake anymore, blah blah overlord'll take it no problem"

GO ON - admit it - you're still as addicted as ever - nobody can shake the quake!!

:-)

EWJ.

p.s. Heard a good joke, someone told it while lagged in our CS game, dunno who:

Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
    A: To get the Quad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Mouserat

: Cheers Zero!

: Just about! I knew from reaper ye weren't enemies anymore, just trying to dig out a few more potential enemies from the woodwork (and pass some time while some code ran at work).

: Still, I know you're only in denial and ready to make a big competitive comeback!! You were at that sh!te on ~krusty before quakelords 97 as well "blah blah I won't win I'm not into quake anymore, blah blah overlord'll take it no problem"

: GO ON - admit it - you're still as addicted as ever - nobody can shake the quake!!

: :-)

: EWJ.

: p.s. Heard a good joke, someone told it while lagged in our CS game, dunno who:

: Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
    : A: To get the Quad.

Thats not as good as this one:
    A nursery school teacher says to her class, "Who can use the word
    'definitely' in a sentence?"
    First little girl says, "The sky is definitely blue."
    The teacher says, "Sorry Amy, but the sky can be gray, or even orange,
    depending on the weather."
    Second, a little boy says, "Trees are definitely green."
    "Sorry, but in the autumn many trees are brown or gold," said the teacher.
    Little Jessica, from the back of the class, stands up and asks, "Does a
    fart have lumps?"
    The teacher looks horrified and says..."Jessica! That's disgusting. Of
    course not!!!"
    "OK... then I have DEFINITELY sh!t my pants," said Jessica.

--

Well im always on the lookout for an arch-enemy, but
    I can only manage an hour or so of quake every second
    or third day these days what with real life getting
    so tasty and tempting (mmmm, brown). So im a bit of a
    useless muppet at quake these days too, if some up and
    coming young 8 year old wants to whip my brittle old bones
    around the place then give me a shout.

Mouserat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

: : Cheers Zero!

: : Just about! I knew from reaper ye weren't enemies anymore, just trying to dig out a few more potential enemies from the woodwork (and pass some time while some code ran at work).

: : Still, I know you're only in denial and ready to make a big competitive comeback!! You were at that sh!te on ~krusty before quakelords 97 as well "blah blah I won't win I'm not into quake anymore, blah blah overlord'll take it no problem"

: : GO ON - admit it - you're still as addicted as ever - nobody can shake the quake!!

: : :-)

: : EWJ.

: : p.s. Heard a good joke, someone told it while lagged in our CS game, dunno who:

: : Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
    : : A: To get the Quad.

: Thats not as good as this one:
    : A nursery school teacher says to her class, "Who can use the word
    : 'definitely' in a sentence?"
    : First little girl says, "The sky is definitely blue."
    : The teacher says, "Sorry Amy, but the sky can be gray, or even orange,
    : depending on the weather."
    : Second, a little boy says, "Trees are definitely green."
    : "Sorry, but in the autumn many trees are brown or gold," said the teacher.
    : Little Jessica, from the back of the class, stands up and asks, "Does a
    : fart have lumps?"
    : The teacher looks horrified and says..."Jessica! That's disgusting. Of
    : course not!!!"
    : "OK... then I have DEFINITELY sh!t my pants," said Jessica.

: --

: Well im always on the lookout for an arch-enemy, but
    : I can only manage an hour or so of quake every second
    : or third day these days what with real life getting
    : so tasty and tempting (mmmm, brown). So im a bit of a
    : useless muppet at quake these days too, if some up and
    : coming young 8 year old wants to whip my brittle old bones
    : around the place then give me a shout.

: Mouserat

Ah lads!
    We're starting to sound like a bunch of quake grannies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

SNIP (remember that next time reaper :)
    : : around the place then give me a shout.

: : Mouserat

: Ah lads!
    : We're starting to sound like a bunch of quake grannies!

U ARE!!! no offence, ud still kick my (newbie) @ss but ye have been playing it since the day it was released BUT u still do which is god cos losing interest in Quake is THE sign of old age (that will get zero back)
    anyway no more bolox talk from me till later
    SeP

PS ew JIM, u are BANNED from posting cos everytime u do my mouse fu(ks up!! thankz mate
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

: : Z
    : Awwww *snuggles up to Zero*......

ISNT that just CUUUUUUUTTTTEEEEE!!!!
    hehe
    SeP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭H-K

Ye are:)

Advertisement