Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warlords of pez

Options
  • 19-03-2003 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I got to see this band last night when they supported tenacious d in the olympia and they are so good. It's really off the wall stuff and is so funny.....they play whelans at the end of the month and it should be a great night.

"Derek davis with a basket in a pound shop buying deodorant" :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I thought they were bloody great :)
    I got the 'Johnson Mooney and O'Brien' sign they had too :)
    Who knows, it could be worth something some day.
    Probably wont.

Tenacious D was pretty damn great last night too, apparently it was almost exactly the same show as the one they did in whelans last time, which I'm sure would have disappointed me had I been at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

The utv song just blew me away! :D

I was at the last tenacious d gig and it was moved to the ambassador from whelans, it was pretty much the same set-list/jokes last night as before....but still worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I saw The Warlords of Pez supporting the Jimmy Cake early last year I think it was, in Mono. They are completely nuts. Was there one bloke holding an A1 pad, flipping the sheets over after each song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

I think i was one of the first to see those mad mothers playing.
    'twas a good few years ago at a battle of the bands type
    competition in Dun Laoghaire College of Art & Design.
    They blew everyone away with their cutout finger puppets,
    security guards, instruments (casio's strapped to tennis racquets),
    etc etc etc....
    Utterly unfair though. We were trying to be serious!
    Love the song Padre Pio. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Was there one bloke holding an A1 pad, flipping the sheets over after each song?

Aye, that's them alright, think i might go to see them in whelans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭NÏTRÔ²º¹³¦-&#22

yeah they did rock ass. im definitely going to whelans to see them. their justin timberlake cover was great. thats all they had the keyboard there for-three or four notes.
    classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

I can't wait for the gig in whelans just to see what they will get up to with a full set and props!
    It's class the way you can select a name yourself from a list on their album.."finger a ban-garda" was my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ive heard good things about seeing the warlords of pez, and must check them out, but i've also heard that they kinda get boring after a while, the novelty wears off. the same has been said to me about tenacious d too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gary D

It's class the way you can select a name yourself from a list on their album.."finger a ban-garda" was my favourite. [/B]

Have to say "I can smell you from here ya knacker" is also a brilliant one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

Originally posted by Igy
    whelans last time

somebody was asleep, or maybe waitied for MTV to inform them on the "music world". they played the ambassador.

As for Warlords of Pez, i'm amazed thats it has taken this long for the board to start talking about them. The played the ballroom of romance a while back and that was a pretty good introduction and they played trinity college which was also weird.

They are fun but get a little tedious after awhile (like tenacious d)

their website has their album for download... short but funny...

7up beat on the street and JESUS flesh... is a highlight.

maybe if this messege board was'nt so clogged with gig plugs for bad bands you'd have heard a bit more about warlords of pez.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tiggertigger

maybe if this messege board was'nt so clogged with gig plugs for bad bands you'd have heard a bit more about warlords of pez.

maybe
    maybe not
    why do i feel we're all being slapped on the wrist?
    I don't like it I must say
    vent your spleen on rte goddammit

Advertisement