Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Catalyst drivers 3.2

• 19-03-2003 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

Just for anyone interested, the latest ATI Catalyst drivers 3.2 are out. You can get them here . Apologies if this has been posted already. Anyone try them yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

check them now will post back.

kdjac

no opengl buggered up for most games ,putting 3.1 back on.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Strange. I 've read some threads on the Rage3d forum here and didn't see any problems as such? Just downloaded them and will give them a go tonight and see what happens. I've been using the omega3.1 drivers anyway and their pretty good so hopefully his 3.2 ones will be of the same standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

been using 3.2 for a while now. (well since release)

only positive things to say thus far tho i dont like ogl and tend to avoid in favour of d3d.

That said d3d have less problems and better performance

They get a thumbs up from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

ive been usin em for about a week and havent encountered any bugs or problems....but come the weekend when i'll get around to play a lot more games and know for sure

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I did a quick install without cleaning out registry entrys etc and I went from 50 fps to 10 fps! Took me a good hour to sort it out and go back to the omega drivers. Going to give a proper go at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

ding i didnt clean out registry, tho now that u mention it, i think i had a slight drop in ut2k3. from 90ish to 35. i fixed that by sticking it to performance instead of quality tho.

I'll test some more then decide wether to go back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Working grand on 9700 pro here, BF1942 actualy runs _Much_ better

Advertisement