Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damage

Options
  • 08-04-1998 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

I think bokking someone with the RL, then switching to LG, then back to RL is a quicker way to kill people than rockets alone. Example is taking someone on around the red armor on DM6...top foreign players have just blinded me with a rocket hit and then fried me with the LG, seem to die faster than with them just firing rockets at me. What think you?

-Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

:
    : I think bokking someone with the RL, then switching to LG, then back to RL is a quicker way to kill people than rockets alone. Example is taking someone on around the red armor on DM6...top foreign players have just blinded me with a rocket hit and then fried me with the LG, seem to die faster than with them just firing rockets at me. What think you?

I think all foreign players should be strung up by the testicles. That a valid opinion Dave?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

:
    : I think bokking someone with the RL, then switching to LG, then back to RL is a quicker way to kill people than rockets alone. Example is taking someone on around the red armor on DM6...top foreign players have just blinded me with a rocket hit and then fried me with the LG, seem to die faster than with them just firing rockets at me. What think you?

: -Dave

Itss a good tactic alright but you would have to be a good player to
    be able to use it.

I've been trying to do the following:

Bokk someone accross an open area (like at the teleporter and Green armour on
    dm6) and as they are in the air spray the area they are going to land in with
    grenades. It can be effective but not so much as a solid rocket in the head.
    HPBs just can't use the LG. It's pointless for us to even try unless the opponent has
    shag all health and is in an open area (hard to hit with splash damage you see.)

DeVore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

: I think all foreign players should be strung up by the testicles. That a valid opinion Dave?

Hmm, I kinda get the image of some foureyed geek sitting in a dark litter filled room in Brixton who's only friend is a glowing monitor (who manages to play more quake than us...somehow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

mouse1 =fire
    mouse2 =jump

How about mouse1 for shooting rockets and a 3rd mouse button bound to turn on the LG and keep it firing as you hold it down? haven't tried this yet, anyone have it in their config?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: : I think all foreign players should be strung up by the testicles. That a valid opinion Dave?

: Hmm, I kinda get the image of some foureyed geek sitting in a dark litter filled room in Brixton who's only friend is a glowing monitor (who manages to play more quake than us...somehow)

You're one to talk......
    Gonna go for the three all-nighters in a row ?
    And I do mean ALL nighters, not your wupsy "go to bed at 5" all nighters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

:
    : mouse1 =fire
    : mouse2 =jump

: How about mouse1 for shooting rockets and a 3rd mouse button bound to turn on the LG and keep it firing as you hold it down? haven't tried this yet, anyone have it in their config?

Try this alias....
    alias LG "impulse 8; +attack; wait; -attack; impulse 7(optional!)"

bind MOUSE3 "LG"

haven't tried it, but looks OK!
    @B^)

Dav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

that should work

now ive only 2 probs!
    2 button mouse and high ping
    SH!T :)
    SeP

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

: that should work

: now ive only 2 probs!
    : 2 button mouse and high ping
    : SH!T :)
    : SeP

Same here man!!!
    @B^(
    *L*

: : I think all foreign players should be strung up by the testicles. That a valid opinion Dave?

: Hmm, I kinda get the image of some foureyed geek sitting in a dark litter filled room in Brixton who's only friend is a glowing monitor (who manages to play more quake than us...somehow)

Nah, I prefer the image of the geek sitting in a windowless room, the only source of light being the bare lightbulb hanging off the low ceiling. His only source of heat is the computer and he's fed from an intravenous connection to his arm.

He doesn't sleep.

And where do these damn foreigners get their enormous P300 128 megs ram 30 inch monitor machines from!?
    :
    : : : I think all foreign players should be strung up by the testicles. That a valid opinion Dave?

: : Hmm, I kinda get the image of some foureyed geek sitting in a dark litter filled room in Brixton who's only friend is a glowing monitor (who manages to play more quake than us...somehow)

: Nah, I prefer the image of the geek sitting in a windowless room, the only source of light being the bare lightbulb hanging off the low ceiling. His only source of heat is the computer and he's fed from an intravenous connection to his arm.

: He doesn't sleep.

• Advertisement
Advertisement