Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Vodaphone mail working with t68i

• 19-03-2003 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi
    Can anybody send mail with their t68i with their vodaphone account??

I have tried all sorts of things, the sonyericsson email and mms configurators dont even work for me
    Any help??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if you are pre-pay ReadyToGo you can use HSCSD dial-up - so long as you have it set-up with the Vodafone Data Support team on 1850 287 000

if you are bill-pay Contract you can use HSCSD and GPRS ISP isp.vodafone.ie settings so long as you have either of them set-up with theie data-support team on 1850 287 000

access points (Data Accounts) are in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85121

you enter either the VOdafone Mail or HSCSD setting into the:
    T68i > Menu > Connect > Data comm. > Data accounts > Add account?

mail settings are in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85709

you enter the POP mail settings into the:
    T68i > Menu > Messages > E-mail > Options > Edit Account > Add new?

Hope that works out for you, a couple of us have mail set up on the T68i here so post back if you are having any hassle and we can try and help out some more.

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Thnaks for the help

But they still dont seem to work.My phone can connect to GPRS but only to wap.vodaphone.ie and not to live.vodaphne.ie

Email still wont work and now my MMS isnt working.It gives a "cannot process request error"

each GPRS access point has to be set-up at their end - rather than finding that if one works they are all set-up

the Live! homepage won't display on a T68i, so just using the normal WAP one is the best you can get, both will work for a connectino but you would would use www.e-merge.ie as the default home page

you need a full Internet / WEB connection to use the pop/imap e-mail client of the T68i, what did the data support team say when you called about setting up the HSCSD or GPRS ISP (i.e. full internet / web) connection? the type of account you have pre/post-pay may be a factor whether they can set up GPRS ISP access for you, which are you?

setting up MMS is a bit different than on a Nokia - but let's get your email sorted first :)

BrianG

I have a bill account

I used to have GPRS workin but it wont work anymore. Vodaphone said that my phone is set up.

i'll ring them again today to conform that

cool

here's how I got it working on the T68i:

Setting up the Data Account
    Menu > Connect > Data Comm. > Data accounts > Add account?

GPRS Data
    Name: Voda GPRS ISP
    APN: isp.vodafone.ie
    User id: vodafone or (leave blank)
    Password: vodafone or (leave blank)

Setting up the email account:

Menu > Messages > E-mail > Options > Edit Account > Add New?

Account Name: Voda e-mail
    Connect Using: Voda GPRS ISP
    Protocol: POP3
    Inc. Server: pop.vodafone.ie
    Inc Port: 110 (default)
    Mailbox: your_email_address@vodafone.ie
    Password: your 'My Vodafone' password
    Outgoing Server: mail.vodafone.ie
    Outgoing port: 25 (default)
    E-mail address: your_email_address@vodafone.ie
    Download: headers+text / headers only (your choice)
    From Name: Your Name (for display)
    Signature: none / bus card (your choice)
    Copy Outgoing: on / off (your choice)
    Check Interval: off / time period (your choice)

note: each connection with Vodafone GPRS is a min 10KB so even if you check your mail box and there are no new messages you still rack up 10KB for each session, so watch what check interval you choose and what you download

note: on earlier versions of the phone firmware i needed to use the IP address of any mail servers as it had problems resolving the DNS so if you have any errors saying server not found - try 213.233.128.68 for pop.vodafone.ie and 213.233.128.65 for mail.vodafone.ie

once you have edited the new account you need to set it as active (if you have more than one) before you can send and receive

• Advertisement

I have one problem
    my vodaphone mail dont work
    To recieve vodaphone mail i have to use my e-merge address,
    So should i use the emerge email address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

voda-mail had stopped working for me on friday/tuesday/wednesday
    and then started working again today.
    spooky

Originally posted by turbo
    I have one problem
    my vodaphone mail dont work
    To recieve vodaphone mail i have to use my e-merge address,
    So should i use the emerge email address

sure - give the @e-merge.ie a shot as your username / email address

my @e-merge.ie address was migrated to @vodafone.ie when i checked the e-mail using My Vodafone online at www.vodafone.ie

i still have to use my old @e-merge.ie address as my username for the HSCSD data access! :)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Got a T68i a short while ago. The only reason I selected this phone is that it is supposed to do pop3 mail. I have read all the above text and have one question still.
    Based on what you guys have learned so far, can I set up pop3 mail accounts on a Vodafone pay monthly account on this phone? What I want to be able to do is set up pop3 mail for a user for a few days or a week at a time when they come here to visit.
    Thanks, iwb.

yes :)

you set up the pop account details like you would for any other e-mail client - and make sure you are using a web connection (not WAP) to send and receive with

the only limitations you might run into may be with the pop3 or smtp server for the account you are setting up. some isp email accounts require you to be connected to them directly to use their outgoing server - if this is the case just use mail.vodafone.ie as the smtp server. another example is where a server requires you to have performed a connection (e.g. an email receive) before you can send mail...

another thing to watch - if you have problems with server not being found try the server's IP addresses rather than server names

hth
    BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement