Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG DV1000 Firmare

Options
  • 19-03-2003 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Just bought aLG DV1000. Is a very nice machine DVD/VCR combi. Only problem is that it cant play SVCDs! It can play VCD1 and VCD2, it can read CD-R, CD-RW etc but still wont play SVCD. I have mailed LG asking if there is/will be a firmware upgrade for it but they say no to both :(

Anyone out there now anything about firmware upgrades and how I would go about getting it to play SVCDs?

squishey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

For some reason the page with the hacked Firmwares is illegal ,i dont know why and as not to break charters etc: me no link to it.

But maybe a search on google for "firmware page" may come up with a result.

To me its not illegal its hacking a bios to play Region free and Svcds etc:

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

thanks for that KdjaC. have posted on the site that we are not allowed to mention ;) hopefully will get something back :) I have been annoying LG about it for the past few weeks, but they say that they wont be doing any firmware patches for the machine!

squishey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

is it possible that its more than just a firmware prob?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

It supports both VCD 1.1 and 2.0 out of the box. Surely it cant be too much of a leap (ie via a firmware upgrade) to allow it to play SVCD? I could be wrong but it is the only way I can think of it happening. At the same time it might not be possible at all :( LG didnt want to give me a straight answer so I thought someone here might be able to help ;)

squishey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

If you have no joy with the firmware you could try making xvcd's . This site is pretty good and worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nickhappyman

you will need a code that lg will not give:mad:
    but there is a code out there:cool:

Advertisement