Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTV question AGAIN! sorry

• 19-03-2003 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I got and FTV card on tuesday, Rang to get it activated straight away and still no channels available by wednesday evening after the card being left in the box all this time.. Is this because I have a Sky Sub also in the same box? maybe I have to wait longer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

did you take the Sky sub-card out of the box & replace it with the FTV card?

you didn't put the FTV card in the Interactive card slot did you:rolleyes: ?

p.s. you have to wait up to 72 hours for bbc1 to come through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Yup, did all that, I`ll give it til tomorrow and see if anything happens

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

do you have a phone line connected to your box

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Irulan

Go to services.
    Go to system setup.
    Go to system details.
    check viewing card number .
    If it says no card, then you need to upgrade your digibox.
    you can do this by, removing your card,then holding in the backup button on your digibox, while unplugging
    the digibox from the socket, while still holding in the backup button count to five and then plug digibox back in. keep holding in the backup button untill all the lights on the front of your digi box light up . You then have to wait until the lights go out and the digi box light returns to normal. ie one light. This may take five to ten minutes. Put card back in. Repeat the first 4 steps and it should be showing your viewing card number an you should then begin to receive channels.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

hi darkmaster2
    ring the bbc again , i got 5 cards activated yesterday(tuesday 10 am) and same as you got no activation,
    i phoned them again at 4.30pm today (wednesday) and the cards sprung into life at 6pm.
    regards
    ger doherty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

Have anyone's FTV cards been replaced by the new ones lately, or does anyone know for sure with all the current goings-on - Are existing FTV cards being replaced??????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭muffinhead

I've got the new FTV card - it works fine!

I put it in the machine this morning for the 2nd time an bbc1 was not present - I couldn't be arsed the last time to wait for it to activate. All the other channels (itv,c4,5) were there.

I rang the FTV number and within two minutes bbc1 was working - now is that a pronto service or what???

I'm still waiting for my sky sub card to come through - almost a month without a complete service - I hear the bells of a letter of complaint ringing :D :mad: !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

I have my FTV card a good few months now but I put it in last night and BBC1 and BBC2 are gone but ITV, Ch4 & Ch5 are still there, can I re-activate BBC by leaving the FTV card in my digibox?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

mfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Quick question (and apologies in advance if this is covered elsewhere..I DID have a quick skim thru the other FTV topics) :)

I just got a NI (sub) Sky card from a mate who has received the replacement...will this work to get me ITV/C4/C5 (thru other channels if necessary) by just swapping the cards out??...BBC etc I dont particularly care about - I have those on the ROI card after all..

Cheers! :)

• Advertisement

quote:

Originally posted by carrolls
    :D:D:D

Yes, I swap my FTV card out with my sub card on a subscription box, I never had this trouble before, it's telling me to receive BBC call this number etc. Can I get BBC back on?

mfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Quick question (and apologies in advance if this is covered elsewhere..I DID have a quick skim thru the other FTV topics)

I just got a NI (sub) Sky card from a mate who has received the replacement...will this work to get me ITV/C4/C5 (thru other channels if necessary) by just swapping the cards out??...BBC etc I dont particularly care about - I have those on the ROI card after all..

Cheers!

Right...well tried it anyway tonight..unplugged phone line, swapped the cards..tells me its the incorrect one for the box, tho the EPG does change to the NI one..so, seeing as its a (now replaced) NI Sub card, is there any point in my trying to have it married to my box, or will the folks at Sky cop whats goin on straight off?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, as it's a card that's been replaced, i'd imagine that card is now void. And I dont think ringing Sky will work either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

hi
    anyone ever come across a ftv card that wont activate ?
    four activation signals sent, in as many days still no joy
    could it be a dud card ? can they be faulty ?, (all details have been checked, card is in right slot, epg version is up to date).
    thanks
    ger doherty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I know someone waiting 2 months for his new Sky to have RTE and BBC... Problems with cards on new installs since Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

Hi Just a quick Question.
    Last night i put in my FTV card to watch a BBC2 program, all i got was a screen asking me to ring a number to subscribe to bbc!
    It was the same for all bbc channels.ITV CH4 & ch5 were all ok.
    any help would be apreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

How long has it been since you last put it in?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sounds like your card has been out of use for some time. Just leave it in the box overnight, maybe longer, and they should re-activate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

About a week.
    (didn't read the previous replies!)
    I left it in over night but got back from work tonight and still no joy!

Originally posted by John mac
    About a week.
    (didn't read the previous replies!)
    I left it in over night but got back from work tonight and still no joy!

That's the exact same problem that I'm having, I left the FTV card in the digibox overnight and still no sign of BBC. Would ringing them up be advisable?

• Advertisement
Advertisement