Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with ps2

Options
  • 19-03-2003 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

I can only watch dvds in black and white on my ps2. Why is this so? it's not the settings on my tv. Could it be the settings on my ps2?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Did you only just get this problem ie was it working fine before or as it always been like that? Doesn't sound like a fault with the TV so it's probably a fault with your PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Are you using a TV / VCR combi tv ? if so it's probably that ...usually it flashes white.so you cant copy the dvd on the VCR.somthin to do with macrovision...... ne 1 ?:confused:

COMBATCOW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes PS2's have macrovision installed to prevent them being copied by video, and the tv/video combo can cause this problem. Try plugging directly into a normal TV.
    Bad scarts can also cause this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

If your TV has 2x SCART connectors, try the other one (usually only one involve Macrovision - the real RGB SCART).

You wouldn't happen to be using a composite set of cables though would you?

Advertisement