Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet

• 19-03-2003 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

story is.... on the house computer which is up graded from 98 to 2000, there are 4 profiles on it. on two of them the internet works fine but on the other two when you try to view a web page it gives me an access denied and a something about an access control list!

what in the hell is goin on??
    any suggestions?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Are all the users administrators on that machine?, if not then try changing their profiles to administrators

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

yea the profiles which the problem is on are already administrators, me head is wrecked!! help me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

delete the old profiles and log in as those users and create new profiles

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

will that not destroy all the data that they had ie. files programs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

should destroy there desktop files and the programs they had for this user only option ticked ... just copy them to another folder and they will stay unscratched

i could be wrong but im pritty sure im right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

You could try renaming there profile folders and then log in as them again.This should generate a 'new' profile and then move in the necessary user files from the old folders. Leave out the 'application data' folder though as this contains the setting for the programs. (Where your problem is.)

I could be blowing it out my hole, but I know this works in 98, NT, and XP. So it should work. ;)

Advertisement