Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interesting dublin bands wanted

• 19-03-2003 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am a musician that is seeking to set up a loose collective of unusual bands of various styles in the dublin area. The eventual idea is to set up a fixed group of 6-7 bands, who will play forthnightly 3 band gigs, with all profits or losses on the night shared. This way all bands will get a decent length set, the crowd from each band gets exposed to the music of the other bands, and there is a fairly decent chance of getting a few(admitidly a few) quid. More importantly there is the advantages of being in a collective, such as shared costs, ease of promotion, the possibility to se to tours, and possibly double a-sideor compilation album releases. All this is very much in the future but the tentative first steps have been made. At the moment we have three bands(including my own),more or less on board and have organised one successful gig in the issac butts with another one coming up.
    I'm noy another promoter or a flaky hippy, I became sick of playing **** venues and having no control over promotion, advertising and the quality and style of the other bands playing..
    Contact drunkenlust@yahoo.co.uk if interested..Hvaing a demo is a huge advantage BTW!!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Moving to a more suitable location ...

Advertisement