Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iraq TV

• 20-03-2003 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

For anyone looking for some more fair and balanced coverage - Iraqi TV is now showing interviews with some rather enthusiastic malnourished Iraqi soldiers, along with ample pictures of Saddam riding a horse. (13e - 12.654h 27500 - 3/4)

Also there's a live camera from Baghdad here (it's the feed that Fox News and ITV News are taking their pictures from):

10e - 10.979v 4167 5/6

Edit:

Also some US bombers setting up in Fairford, UK:

10e - 10.973v 4166

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Iraq Satellite Channel was a black screen when I first checked this evening 18:05. I believe the station was hit this evening.. (so I heard on MSNBC)

Check out 12.654H on Hotbird for Kuwait, Oman & Quatar tvs also.. they're carrying different live feeds from Baghdad.

12.111V 3/4 27.5 is Al Jazeera FTA for those with stuck with Sky (where it's encrypted) & Hotbird.. Plenty of original footage there!

Shame my digibox has such limited Symbol Rates!

btw.. BBC News 24 is streaming live here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsa/n5ctrl/live/now4.ram

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Ozzie

any freq's that may be of use to the ordinary digital subscriber???

Ordinary as in Sky?

You really have to move your dish away from 28.2*E (where you receive Sky) for anything interesting.. even then the Sky Digibox is hopelessly awkward at tuning in stations.

I have two minidishes..
    One permanantly pointed at 28.2*E (Astra2) and
    the other I move between 19*E (Astra 1) & 13*E (Hotbird)

Many of the Middle Eastern broadcast channels are very blocky on Hotbird as my dish is far too small, but I can get BBC World, RAI, TVE, Al Jazeera & many more stations without any breakup on the stronger transponders.

Live Feed wise, digiboxes can't tune into most of these as they have too limited a symbol rate range (22 or 27.5 only).

I'm thinking of getting a PC card. Wondering if I could use another 90cm dish perhaps with two lnbs (which I don't have yet) for Astra1 & Hotbird and then use one of the minidishes for FTA BBC from Astra2..
    Not sure if there are any DiSec PC cards that would take 3 inputs like this..
    Anyone know?
    Or can anyone think of a better configuration for a 3 satellite setup for a PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have hauppauge DVBs PCI, basically the Nexus is a reboxed version of this. It good and connects 4 LNBs.

I was getting Digital Iraq TV last night after 10pm. but gone this morning. Didn't check if was 19E or 13E.

Al Alam was doing english ticker.
    IRIB (Iran) has sometimes english or subtitles on the two English versions of its two main Persian language.

They warned the Iranians to be "vigilent" against American "fallout" and have mobilised Militia (whatever it means).

Nile TV (Eqypt) is both very anti Saddam and VERY anti -american. Broadcasts alternately in English, French, Arabic and Hebrew(!).
    They had an Arabic "Strategic Expert" itemise all the Iraq and "Colalition" weapons /troops and what he thought would happen (English subtitles). Seems to think:
    * 3 to 6 week war
    * US will "win"
    * Highly sceptical of what good it will do or how things organised after.
    * Agreed that Saddam required removal, but that the Americans are not the people to do it. Iraqis have suffered fro 25 years etc with many ferocious wars (he listed some I didn't know about) and will be glad to see Saddam go.
    * Sorry EU has not become a Superpower counterwieght to USA to replace the USSR as Superpower. (He said unfortunate tha some EC countries support America)

Jordanian TV *might* be pro Saddam, but It and Syrian TV, while obviously covering War it was all in Arabic.

Oman TV only does the US sitcoms & stuff in English. News in Arabic.

ANN (Arab News Network) was doing a history of Flight (Eh?).

BBC World TV coverage seems better than CNN, Fox, Sky, ITN, Euronews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Originally posted by David C
    Iraq Satellite Channel was a black screen when I first checked this evening 18:05. I believe the station was hit this evening.. (so I heard on MSNBC)

It was gone yesterday when I checked it too. It came back later in the evening. I'm not sure if it's the same as the output that's being shown in Iraq - it all seemed to be taped.

The two feeds I posted above are still active - one is showing the coverage that Sky News are showing and the other is showing Ari Fleisher giving his daily afternoon waffle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Have a read of this

CLANDESTINE RADIO WATCH
    March 20, 2003

[Note: Earlier report revised and updated.]

Iraq: Iraqi State Radio Replaced with U.S. Psyop Broadcast
    By Nick Grace, CRW Washington
    with wire and BBCM reports

[Mar 20] With the words "The facilities of the Iraqi regime have started to be hit... This is the day we have been waiting for... The attack on Iraq has begun," the United States jammed and then obliterated Baghdad Radio with its own psychological war programming, Reuters reports, in a remarkable move to control the airwaves over Iraq.

The sudden announcement occurred at approximately 0230 GMT. Contrary to early reports that Iraqi state radio was seized by U.S. troops, its signal appears to have been drowned out from broadcasts over the airborne Commando Solo EC-130E psyop fleet. Its signal, according to multiple wire reports, disappeared from the airwaves after the surgical airstrikes.

Iraqi television, meanwhile, remains on the air.

Radio Baghdad, Al-Shabab, and Sawt al-Jamahiriyah, Iranian radio reports, are responding to the psywar assault by shifting transmissions to new frequencies.

Sawt al-Jamahiriyah, which is run by Uday Hussein, broadcast martial music and, according to Reuters, announced "This is our day. Let us start the fight. We will be victorious. We will all die as faithful martyrs... Our brother martyrs will die defending our great Iraq. Today is our day. Rise up our brothers for the jihad. Hit the enemies and prove that we are sons of freedom and honor... Rise up like lions. Saddam is our beloved leader and God is our great Allah. Rise up, rise up and attack the foreigners. Victory with God's help is near...defeat the infidel enemy."

Information Radio, which is the only known program broadcast from Commando Solo, broadcast a mix of psyop messages and Arab music as anti-aircraft fire lit up the skies over Baghdad. Clandestine Radio Watch monitored the radio station on 9715.1 kHz between 0250 and 0345 GMT when its signal faded out. A station identification was heard at 0337 GMT over traditional flutes.

During President Bush's address to the American public at 0315 GMT Information Radio broadcast an announcement about al-Qaeda and the regime of Saddam Hussein. A more complete analysis of the announcements will be forthcoming.

Audio of the monitored broadcast is available on ClandestineRadio.com.

Information Radio broadcasts 24 hours per day on 9715 kHz and between 1500 and 2000 GMT on 756, 693 kHz, 100.4 MHz. Its broadcasts, according to wire reports, are already responsible for Iraqi troop defections on the Iraq-Kuwait border.

In addition to Information Radio the United States broadcasts four covert radio stations, smothering Saddam Hussein's regime within a wall of psywar messages.

Voice of Iraqi Liberation *0630-0830* *1830-2030* 1206, 4025 kHz
    Twin Rivers Radio 1600-1900 UTC on 1566 kHz
    Radio Tikrit 1900-2100 on 1584 kHz
    al-Mustaqbal 2100-2400 on 1575.3 kHz

Listen to the sound clips, they are scary to say the least.

In case you didn't notice, most of the feeds of Bagdad under fire come from AbuDhabi T, which amazingly is on not just Hotbird, Telstar5, Arabsat etc but SKY, FTA. 824 I think.

Iraqi Back on 13E this morning.

Yup, Abu Dhabi seem to be the new Al Jazera for their "exclusive" footage during this war.

How do you manage 4 lnbs connected to it? DiSeC? I can only see one input on their site:
    http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/digitaltv_prod.htm#dvbs

How about processor use? Only got a 333 myself atm.. the site claims i'd need 400..
    Going to be upgrading machine soon anyway

Originally posted by watty
    I have hauppauge DVBs PCI, basically the Nexus is a reboxed version of this. It good and connects 4 LNBs.

I was getting Digital Iraq TV last night after 10pm. but gone this morning. Didn't check if was 19E or 13E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sam81

Hi. Does anyone here know if Iraq TV is all satellite, or does it have local broadcasting and repeater transmitters inside the country?

Also, does anyone know if any website carries Iraq TV live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

For you war hungry feeders.

click here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by chernobyl
    For you war hungry feeders.

click here

That link seems to be offline

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Works for me. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

For those who don't have motorised systems, a selection of live feeds, including Al Jazeera, are available via the following site:

http://home1.gte.net/res0plht/mi01000.htm

/Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sam81

Thanks for the links!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CelestialGoth

Hi all I just joined the group. I am from Canada and I am glad to finally see some links that are middle east oriented. I have friends in Iran and had a very hard time trying to find any news that wasn't already censored.

Originally posted by David C
    How do you manage 4 lnbs connected to it? DiSeC? I can only see one input on their site:
    http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/digitaltv_prod.htm#dvbs

How about processor use? Only got a 333 myself atm.. the site claims i'd need 400..
    Going to be upgrading machine soon anyway

SW supports 4-way Diseq switch at the dish. One cable back.

Works fine, even recording on a P166!, also tested on AMD K6 233, and PIII 933MHz.

You need a graphics card supporting Direct Draw with 16M RAM (It does not need to be a 3D acc card). On a old 2M RAM Trio and 4M Cirurus, no PC onscreen picture, but TV out still works.

The cheaper models (€80) with no DSP chip and no Media bridge need a 600MHz++ PC. The Nexus /Premium etc are basically complete. The PC is just a control panel and store for it. The card will even still run when Win98 crashed or NT4.0/Win XP after BSOD.
    You need old drivers for NT4.0. Win98 and Win XP can use the newest "premium" drivers from www.technotrend.de even for older Hauppauge Win DVBs PCI crad prior to Nexus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭newstalk

Is bbc world available on sky world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

BBC World is not available on a standard Sky Digital bouquet of channels, it is not transmitted on Astra at 28.2ºE, where all the Sky channels are beamed from.

It is available to those with a Free-to-air receiver (non sky)pointing at 13º E, the Hotbird satellite, and at 19.2ºE.

BBC World is, though, available on NTL digital cable here in Dublin.

You can get BBC World TV on Hotbird 13E ANALOG (old sky receiver) or on Hotbird Digital 13E. Don't think it is FTA on 19.2E
    It was also FTA last I looked on 1W, but 13E is much, mch easier to get.

BBC Prime is also on Hotbird digital for Ireland, but NOT UK, at about £75 p.a. It is a mix of BBC1 & BBC2 for Europe. You need a Digital Receiver or PC card able to use a Viacess card (Digibox no use).
    You can't get a BBC Prime sub with a UK address :-)
    But from 1st June I guess they won't see any BBC Prime Subs in Ireland.

BBC World Service Radio (almost nothing to do with BBC World TV) IS on Sky FTA 28.2E (no sub needed. Also on Hotbird Analog and Digital at 13E.

• Advertisement

Iraqi tv reception could be a bit wavy today and it's nothing to do with area's of high pressure:D
    They had a problem with one of their masts...
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

US set off an "E-Bomb" last night, so some Iraqi TV is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by daveirl
    Does anyone have a link to any site with Frequently Asked Questions on accessing Satellite systems other than Sky.

I could ask a load of questions here but I'd just end up pissing off a load of people. So just some place that can tell me what I need in the way of recievers and dishes etc?

you wont piss anyone off, what satellites do you want to receive?

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

I don't know. What is out there besides Sky? I'm well up to speed on how the whole thing works with Dish sizes and all since I do it in College but what's out there.

Do you need motorised dishes or what? I remember seeing a guy on Sky who had picked up US military UAV transmissions from Kosovo. Are there loads of transmissions like that floating about?

There are lots of transmissions out there but you need to narrow down the type of programming you want to watch before I could recommend the type of set up you need. Try www.lyngsat.com for starters or www.satcodx.com

Tony

I don't know. What is out there besides Sky? I'm well up to speed on how the whole thing works with Dish sizes and all since I do it in College but what's out there.

Do you need motorised dishes or what? I remember seeing a guy on Sky who had picked up US military UAV transmissions from Kosovo. Are there loads of transmissions like that floating about?
    I used have a 1.5 metre motorised dish and boy, i wish i had it now!
    I also had a sub to the Eurpean satelite user group, who for a small fee for the year sent a monthly news letter brim packed with all the latest tests that members found and what was on them, there were six pages of them with no adverts.
    The fee covered, unending technical advice for the year, by phone as you want it, and loads of DIY satellite instalation guides.
    http://www.mediazoo.co.uk/tesug/index.htm

Typically, if you know where to point your dish, the frequencies etc, you can be watching Trevor McDonald out in Kuwait city ten minutes before he goes live on air.
    I remember watching an italian correspondent in New York smoking a cigar before his news programme put him on.
    And then there was an ITN ( now ITV News ) washington correspondent who was practising his script.
    Fascinating.
    You can also watch, the various pooled taped news feeds with out the correspondents voices, but with the background noises.
    just some examples.
    mm

This is my site done 2 years ago..
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~watty/satellite/satellite.htm

I have 2 80/90 cm dishes, each with 3 LNBs,
    1) Sky, Hotbird & Astra for PC: All to one 4 way Diseqc switch.
    2) Sky for Digibox, Hotbird Analog, Astra Analog: Three coax to living room.

Third 1m dish, home made manual polar mount, made out two dish mounts bolted together. Allows quick manual change of East/West without having to realign the up/down. With a straight mount you need to tilt the dish up or down a bit as you move east or west, the highest tiltup is at due south (Not 0 degrees Satellite arc, a Satellite at 8W is closest to due south here)
    3) Any satellite, 1 LNB to 4rth i/p on 4 way Diseqc switch.

The 4-way diseqc switch is a small black plastic cased box at the dish pole with one coax back to house.

4th Dish is Sky Digibox 80/90c LNB.

If I replaced 3 LNBs with 1 QUAD and 4 lnbs with 2 Duals, then I could dispense with 2 Dishes, except about a week later I'd probabily have them dedicated to 5W Analog or 16E Analog and /or 30W Digital, 1W Anlog (Sweden PAL TV4?).

Iraqi TV back today on Satellite (Hotbird 13E Digital)

Advertisement