Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorable Boss Encounters?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Go on show your ignorance.

Just play some games like the entire metriod series, Contra series, 19XX, resident evil series, Metal gear series and then compare those bosses to the sorry excuses found in SOF 2, RTCW, Quake series, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

*cough* half-life *cough*

Imo metroid series is the only good games there...but what a series!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

*cough* half-life *cough*[\quote]

Come on gonark or whatever was a joke and nihilith was even worse.
    Imo metroid series is the only good games there...but what a series![\quote]

Blasphemy against the gaming gods. They are all classics apart from some of the contra series.

Try some treasure games for awesome bosses. Best of the bunch is Gunstar heroes and Radiant Silvergun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i've done my time with resident evil 2 and well metal gear solid great game but returned after about a day or so, don't play quake and haven't got SOF 2, liked RTCW though one of the better FPS i've played.

I really didnt think MGS series was any good. Like watching a movie, go play thief tbh.

Couldnt think of a better example then half-life :(
    But that pelican boss was great...

But lets not turn this into a flame war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Well im playing Metroid Prime atm so ill say...
    the big rock boss cant remember his name...its at the end of the ice lvl - in the research centre... took me 2 gos but he was purty anoying !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Yeah Primes a good game alright. Its no FPS however. My friend got it and my 1st time playing i fought two of them ice creatures, the ones that u break their back open.

Anyways it was fun jumping around em. I insisted he not tell me how to kill them. I figured they wouldnt get me up high but noOoOoOOo they have to shoot things at u! Me=1, Ice thingy's=1 ( i died)

the boss @ the end of tetris was rock hard :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Liver-Lips

yeah that rock boss in metroid prime is a real tag-nut.

what really stands out for me when playing that game is the use of visors. its so integrated into the game, when you start to fight the harder baddies (space pirates anyone?) each encounter feels like its own little boss skirmish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I quite liked the Queen from Aliens vs Predator. Big and nasty, especially scary when you're running about underneath the walkways to find that service panel to....Ah, you know, otherwise I might be spopiling it for someone who hasn't played it...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Liver-Lips
    yeah that rock boss in metroid prime is a real tag-nut.

what really stands out for me when playing that game is the use of visors. its so integrated into the game, when you start to fight the harder baddies (space pirates anyone?) each encounter feels like its own little boss skirmish.

yea i know whatcha mean :) can be anoying as they are rock hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i've done my time with resident evil 2 and well metal gear solid great game but returned after about a day or so, don't play quake and haven't got SOF 2, liked RTCW though one of the better FPS i've played.
    don't waste your time with sof2...
    the first boss is a big hellicopter, about 100 levels later (god that game dragged on!) you meet the end of game boss, a slightly bigger hellicopter:rolleyes:

it's not even worth wasting spoiler tags on this post

Originally posted by tman
    the first boss is a big hellicopter, about 100 levels later (god that game dragged on!) you meet the end of game boss, a slightly bigger hellicopter:rolleyes:

I gave up on SOF 2 after about 3 lvls....lvl design anybody ?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

the bosses at the end of double dragon and streets of rage! also as sangre pointed out HalfLife boss and OF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by tman

so i guess it was it was a good thing that i couldn't get it running eh tman!

Your crappy installing skillz did you a favour tbh.

I installed it, looked around 1st level, then never played it agian :(

Originally posted by Sangre
    Your crappy installing skillz did you a favour tbh.

I installed it, looked around 1st level, then never played it agian :(

same....well i got a few lvls in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by suppafly
    so i guess it was it was a good thing that i couldn't get it running eh tman!
    yeah, you got off lucky there sup.
    decent multiplayer game tho

Advertisement