Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office2K and Access97 on same PC ?

Options
  • 20-03-2003 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Can this be done, if so how ?

Thx in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Should be fine install Access in a special Location ie C:/Access
    and then Office in its norm dir should be ok.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I've gone one step ahead and installed Office XP (SBE) and Access 2000 on the same computer. Both work perfectly. And on my home computer I've got Word XP running along Office 2000 Pro, so I can't imagine that there'd be any problems. As KdjaC says however it's probably best to keep it in a different folder (I'd say within the Prog Files directory would be best - C:\Program Files\Access ), and if possible, it might be best to install Access first.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You'l have no hassle as long as you (as advised) install in a different directory - I had four versions of Access on my machine at one point. Same for all other Office programs (except Outlook). It might be easier for you if you install the older version before the newer version but it won't make that much difference TBH

Advertisement