Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone 'test'

• 20-03-2003 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

I got a text from Vodafone yesterday saying I would receive a text from an particular 087 number saying 'Vodafone test' and that it was just a service message and I should delete it.

This text, sure enough, arrived about a short while ago from the specified number but I cannot delete it. In fact I cannot open any text messages that have come in since. When I try to read a message I end up back at the inbox screen.

I'm about to call Customer Care now and demand to know what's going on. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

I got it as well, I could not delete it either. I was able to view my other messages.

I turned off my phone and back on again and it was gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I've tried that but the message is still there. I called Vodafone and they said there had been problems with the test and the type of phone I have (Nokia 6210) but it might also be a fault with just my phone. Annoying for a text junkie like me all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

it deleted fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Well on my phone (Sony J70) the message got in and I looked at it and it said vodafone test. Then 1 second later the whole phone went blank and the main screen came back on and the service provider name changed from Eircell to Vodafone (old sim card me).
    Now if i try to look at the message the text is gone and only the sender information remains.
    Havent tried deleting it yet, I'm gonna keep it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Kolodny - If you're going to the Boards beer do tonight I'd like to take a look at the test. If the operator has tried to use you as a guinea pig when testing possible SMS-UDH exploits, you may be in a position to take legal action against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I got the text saying that they would send me a test, but they never did, just as well it appears...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I think the purpose of this is to change the old sim cards that display Eircell and change them to Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Mam's phone died on Thursday. Switched it on, entered PIN and BLEURGH. It went off and can't be turned back on :mad: Tried battery, charger, SIM all to no avail.

Maybe related?

It's a 3mth old nokia 3310

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i got that message and deleted it fine, what happens if u call the number? anyone try it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    I think the purpose of this is to change the old sim cards that display Eircell and change them to Vodafone.
    thats what it did for me, no problems though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I got the message too today so did about 4 of my friends at the same time
    However I haven't received the 2nd message...yet.. after reading this thread I'm not sure I want to get it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

The message is finally gone from my phone. I tried switching it on and off and putting the SIM in a different phone and it was still there. Evevtually, Vodafone called back and said I'd receive a test message again at some stage that day and to turn my phone off for 10 mintues atferwards. Got the second text on a couple of days ago, turned the phone off and now both messages are gone. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bah, I was hoping you would take legal action against them!

Advertisement