Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lack of sound

• 20-03-2003 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Howdy, running my box with a sound blaster audigy 5.1 on creative inspire 5300 speakers, only recently noticed though that certain applications that are have sound enable don't seem to play any such as odigo, opera and a few others i think. Not sure what the problem is as my games and music work fine, have i messed up a setting or is it a possible driver problem?

cheers

data,

note recently had to reinstall sound card after linux install and there was issues as i lost the driver cd found a temporary solution with an upgrade driver from creative, then when creative sent out the cd again i had to reinstall, not sure if this is important but the install wasn't very clean so to speak

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is it the system beeps your not hearing or actual sounds like trout slapping in IRC??

If you can hear any sound from your card its working maybe some programs arent using it (me looks at windows media player and its inability to find the right output)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Have you tried re-installing the card from scratch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

see heres what happened, when i lost the cd i installed the upgrade driver which gave me the temporary solution in that the front left and right worked, then when i got the new cd i uninstalled the soundcard and did a full install relatively clean (meaning that i could uninstall stuff like the video codecs and media control devices, but i got rid of everything windows would let me)

didn't notice a problem til recently, just a few moments ago installed the upgrade driver again and sound is fine as the speakers all test out, music plays games have sound, etc, however xp doesn't play its fancy sound on startup nor does odigo nor do i get anything from opera

Data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Check they are enabled TweakUI sets the play sound on boot thing.

I have it turned off on mine but turned on hers.
    Check Opera for sound settings etc:
    If the hardware is working its more than likely a software issue (not in a bad way but maybe not enabled)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

not sure where the tweakUI thing is, but sound in both opera and odigo are enable, i should have got a sound when you the mail came telling me about the post :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement