Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera mail

Options
  • 20-03-2003 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hi recently got opera and like the way the email is integrated into the browser, found it a bit annoying to configure so wondering if some body can confirm some things for me and answer a few questions about the settings

I unchecked "leave messages on server" as i want the messages pulled from eircom so the account doesn't fill up just like on outlook yes?

checked "download message body when checking" this pulls the full email off the web yes?

just wondering though

what does "keep local copy of message body" mean?

and also "include account when checking manually"?

and also :) (they just keep on coming) when you double click on a mail to open it up in a full window (like outlook) it presumes you want to reply which i don't and then when i close sometimes it puts what it considers an unfinished mail in the draft folder, is there a way to stop this?

thanks data

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the "keep local copy of message body" thing just means that it will store a copy of the e-mail on your HD.

at least last time I checked thats what it was but I'm willing to stand corrected on this one if anyone knows better...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

what does "keep local copy of message body" mean?
    and also "include account when checking manually"?
    The raptor's right about that one. I don't know about include account when checking manually though, but I have it checked. Also, the double click is supposed to bring up a reply dialog. Single click if you just want to read the mail.

You're using version 6 I take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

eh i using version 7.03 it says, yeah double click brings up the reply but i wish it didn't, single click does read the mail but not in a full window which i find annoying i suppose ah well

Only other thing I can think of is using F11 to toggle between fullscreen mode. It's very handy some times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

thanks for that F11 tip merlin, its makes the mail less annoying. cheers

• Advertisement

No problem :)

Advertisement