Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP pro issue

Options
  • 20-03-2003 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

For some reason when i click on my computer now in XP is says that the area is unspecified, and it groups all drive types and folders together, this only occurs in the administrator account i.e mine, on the guest account it says when you click on my computer it is fine.

i tried changing the tiles icons but it makes no difference, anyone know how to fix this it is annoying me

cheers

data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

You could try using system restore to go back to before ti was like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ah forgot that existed i'll give it a try and let you know how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

...If that doesn't work

Don't know if i miss understood you but try:

Tools-> Folder Options. Click the View tab and click reset all folders. Click yes.

Then apply.

thanx for the suggestions tried system restore, but my computer is unable to restore to a number of different restore points (i was actually afraid i had turned system restore off to save disk space) and gave the tools>folder options a try but with no success i'm afraid

Is there an error associated with the system restore????

The only problem that I have ever come across with it is that the correct services were not running. If it is related to this then any services you have disabled may need to be re-enabled for it to work properly.

On another note, if you use windows explorer, how does it look there?

• Advertisement

looks the same in windows explorer as it does when you open my computer

Any chance of screenshots???

Might help me get my head around the problem.

sure though its a real petty problem just pissing me off, how do you screen capture, again something to do with print screen is it?

ah fixed and so embrassing i don't even want to go into it, thanks very much though for your help pimp, feel free to fix my other problems :)

Advertisement